Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 04-22-2022, 11:36 AM   #1
lizzielou
Connoisseur
lizzielou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, 300, 350 & 650
PRS-505 help would be appreciated

I am not sure if anyone can help me here.

I have just bought another Sony prs-505 (I just love them and also the lrf format that everyone seems to hate). This looked just fine when I got it with a few books loaded which worked properly.

I connected to my laptop and the charging light came on but the reader screen froze instead of showing the 'connected' logo, and the charging icon by the battery didn't show. I also loaded Calibre and it was recognised so I copied some books over but when I disconnected it the reader had frozen and I had to do a reset. Once done the books had transferred correctly. Tried this a few times but each time the same problem.

I am not sure if there is something I can do to fix the transfer process.
lizzielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 01:41 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzielou View Post
I am not sure if there is something I can do to fix the transfer process.
It might be a hardware issue, but it also might be corruption in your firmware. I don't know if the firmware in Spain would be the same as in the U.S. but, if so, I could link the update.

BTW, there's a forum on this site dedicated to Sony readers, you might want to re-post there to get more responses. I normally don't see posts on this forum.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 04:05 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
How can you love the LRF format when it's not really all that good thanks to Sony being too cheap to actually include a full font family? The italics are simulated and they do indeed look fake. ePub on the 505 is a lot better.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote