Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-13-2020, 05:39 PM   #42631
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
You get what you pay for, especially when it comes to haircuts! Next time I'm going to Supercuts... or a different beauty college. lol
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 06:19 PM   #42632
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I've gotten good haircuts at the cheap salon, but they work with younger women. I think mostly those just out of school or those that are still in school. Some listen to you, others try to play it safe.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 06:26 PM   #42633
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

With everything going on around the world I have decided to cancel my planned trip to Rotterdam next week. I'll email the hotel tomorrow or Sunday, luckily you can cancel for free up to 24 hours before arrival. I'll rebook when things are normal again, hopefully that'll be soon.

To be honest it scares me. Not so much for myself as for my mother. I honestly don't think she would survive Covid-19 if she got it. Seeing how bad she gets with a common cold (she's got chronic bronchitis, high blood pressure and a pack of cigarettes a day habit). If either me or my father gets it my mother's going to stay at my sister's apartment. With the store we are in contact with a lot of people on a daily basis, even if you take measures you can get it. After yesterday's stricter measures were announces it was really quiet in the store today, which also makes me nervous.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:48 AM   #42634
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Preparing for a short sharp shopping trip to my city centre.After that, owing to the Covid-19 restrictions, a young neighbour has offered to do my shopping, as we over 7os are being advised to self isolate!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 07:02 PM   #42635
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Lately Luna has been getting crankier and crankier and often urinating outside of the litter boxes. Especially the neighbourhood cats getting in a screaming match will set her off. The vet suggested putting her on anti-anxiety meds permanently. We already have it to give to her when we know a stressful event for her will occur (nobody's at home for a while, noisy festival, etc) and it works, but it makes her a bit woozy for a while after giving it to her.

We asked if we could try CBD, at my suggestion my mother researched it and we thought it might be an option. The vet said we could and recommended a brand that would cause no problems with her UTI/pain medicine.

For two weeks she's been on 1 gram a day and despite the warning it could take five or more weeks to take effect we're already noticing changes in the past week. She's become a lot more playful (to Maru's delight), she's a lot less cranky and a lot more cuddly (and she already loved cuddles) and it generally seems she's just feeling happier.

She still has her weird things. When sitting on the coffee table she doesn't like it when someone grabs a glass, remote or anything else. But where she used to be just mean and swat at you with her nails it now has become more of game to her. No more nails until you really get into it with her, which is normal for her.

I'm glad we tried this instead of going to the heavy duty meds. Hopefully it keeps working for her.
Old 03-16-2020, 07:17 PM   #42636
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Lately Luna has been getting crankier and crankier and often urinating outside of the litter boxes. Especially the neighbourhood cats getting in a screaming match will set her off. The vet suggested putting her on anti-anxiety meds permanently. We already have it to give to her when we know a stressful event for her will occur (nobody's at home for a while, noisy festival, etc) and it works, but it makes her a bit woozy for a while after giving it to her.

We asked if we could try CBD, at my suggestion my mother researched it and we thought it might be an option. The vet said we could and recommended a brand that would cause no problems with her UTI/pain medicine.

For two weeks she's been on 1 gram a day and despite the warning it could take five or more weeks to take effect we're already noticing changes in the past week. She's become a lot more playful (to Maru's delight), she's a lot less cranky and a lot more cuddly (and she already loved cuddles) and it generally seems she's just feeling happier.

She still has her weird things. When sitting on the coffee table she doesn't like it when someone grabs a glass, remote or anything else. But where she used to be just mean and swat at you with her nails it now has become more of game to her. No more nails until you really get into it with her, which is normal for her.

I'm glad we tried this instead of going to the heavy duty meds. Hopefully it keeps working for her.
Where's the LIKE button?! That's good to hear!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 08:11 PM   #42637
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post

Very interesting
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:41 AM   #42638
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
It has been absolutely mad here for a few weeks. My firm went from a part-time work from home schedule to a full-time work from home schedule, but I still have to go to court each week.

The Chief Justice of North Carolina suspended all court proceedings for 30 days, but made three exceptions - criminal first appearances, criminal bond hearings, and emergency domestic violence hearings. Guess who's primary job it is to represent people in domestic violence hearings?

So right now I am working intensely to continue to prepare for court and manage a team of four other domestic violence attorneys... from home. (Hence my absence here for a few days)
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:34 AM   #42639
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've just made a new thread in the lounge.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 10:55 AM   #42640
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm still in self isolation. Not sure if I have Covi-19, but I do have some of the symptoms such as a sore throat, a cough that comes and a raised temperature, luckily no shortness of breath. But the symptoms are mild, the most annoying thing is that I tire easily. This morning after I washed my face, brushed my teeth and got dressed I needed to sit down for a while. But hopefully the symptoms stay this mild.

I'm not bored yet, I've been reading and crafting. The last couple of days I had news networks on, today I decided to not do that and it's been a less stressful day. I also discovered that with out cable subscription we also have access to online series and my father got the subscription which includes HBO Max, so if I can't find anything on Netflix I feel like watching I can check that out. At midnight tonight Animal Crossing for the Nintendo Switch is playable, I'm looking forward to that.

I hope everyone else if feeling fine! And stay safe!
Old 03-19-2020, 11:26 AM   #42641
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
This morning after I washed my face, brushed my teeth and got dressed I needed to sit down for a while. But hopefully the symptoms stay this mild.
I saw reports online from Tom Hanks and his wife who both have the virus, and he mentioned being very tired and needing to rest after the simplest of tasks. Their symptoms were also very mild.

Hunkered down here, hubby is working from home, normal hours. We may take a drive later just to get out of the house for a bit. It's weird...I should be used to being home a lot, but somehow knowing I'm "supposed" to stay in is making me antsy.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:59 AM   #42642
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post

Hunkered down here, hubby is working from home, normal hours. We may take a drive later just to get out of the house for a bit. It's weird...I should be used to being home a lot, but somehow knowing I'm "supposed" to stay in is making me antsy.
Feeling antsy right with you! I go for long walks (no change there) or I’d go nuts.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:22 PM   #42643
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Feeling antsy right with you! I go for long walks (no change there) or I’d go nuts.
There are two different parks within a few miles that have nice walking tracks. It's not pleasant walking near where we live for a couple of reasons. Our street is connected to a 4 lane state route, and it's loud walking on the sidewalk that runs along that road. If we stay on this side of that highway, the adjoining neighborhood is only 1 block deep and 4 blocks wide, so you can't easily avoid the busy road.

Crossing over that 4 lane road takes you to a very hilly neighborhood with lousy sidewalks, narrow roads, and street parking. It's not horrible, but not nearly as nice as walking in the parks. There is also a trail system in our county that connects all of the parks, but there is no trailhead near us.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 01:06 PM   #42644
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Because I am still being forced to go to court by virtue of my work, the idea of being able to be home all the time right now is wonderful to me. I live down the street from a park with large trials.

Right now, it feels very very unsafe to have to go into 40-year-old courtrooms that haven't been cleaned in at least 39 of those years.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 02:22 PM   #42645
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Right now, it feels very very unsafe to have to go into 40-year-old courtrooms that haven't been cleaned in at least 39 of those years.
I hope your work situation improves soon. *hugs*
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?