Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 04:29 PM   #31
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
This is so awesome!
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:09 PM   #32
BenLee
eReader Junkie
BenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle + Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Ask and ye shall receive:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015T963C

US$189.00

And if the price cut is global the casualties will be extensive.
HAHAHA...this is great!
BenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2010, 10:25 PM   #33
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdahler View Post
I'm confused by the logic in this post. You're making it sound like once you get your ereader, all those $30 and $10 books come to you free
They could, if you stick with the classics and whatever new releases are available at your public library. My public library has over 600 ebooks now and these are new releases by best-selling authors. My stepmom is interested in those, my dad is interested in classics he read as a boy, and between the two of them they have yet to even visit the Kobo website for the Kobo they just got...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:56 PM   #34
BenLee
eReader Junkie
BenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle + Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdahler View Post
The only way an ereader would ever pay for itself is if you were (a) in the habit of buying a lot of $30 books, and (b) once you got your ereader, you suddenly turned pirate and started grabbing those same first-run books from the darknet. Assuming you're plannng to stay legit with your reading, an ereader will NEVER pay for itself. It will always remain a convenience purchase even if you find one for $50.

Now how am I gonna rationalize my spending thousands on eReader devices every year?
BenLee is offline   Reply With Quote