gabglus began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE 3
Calibre Server - Sort Problem

Hello,

I have this problem in the web page.

Author: Greg Iles
Author Sort: Iles, Greg

It is shown in I, but displayed like Greg Iles

How Can I configure it that calibre displays it like Iles, Greg (without change author format)

Thanks
gabglus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You cannot.

The Author field is effectively the Display value, and the Author-sort is the sort value. If you want to change the Display value then you need to change the value held in the Author field.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If I understand the question properly, then the tweak categories_use_field_for_author_name might solve your problem.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
gabglus

nop, i doesn't help.

The sort works because you see that Greg Iles is under "I" tag

the problem is in "I" tag that calibre display author instead of author_sort
Old 03-17-2011, 06:22 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Works for me.

Image without tweak set.
Click image for larger version

Name:	no_tweak.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	68484

Image with tweak set.
Click image for larger version

Name:	with_tweak.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	68485

As can be seen, 'Test Author' became 'Author, Test'. Both were displayed under 'A', using the author's sort value.

Note that the author's sort value is used when displaying author lists in the tag browser or the content server, not the book's author_sort value. If you want to use the book's value, then itimpi is right, there is no way.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:51 PM   #6
gabglus

as you can see, the author's sort value is defined.
Also categories_use_field_for_author_name='author_sort'

It works for the Tag Browser but not for the content server.

Any idea what's going on here ?

Thanks in advance
Old 03-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

I did it again, and it worked again.

What version of calibre are you running?
Old 03-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #8
gabglus

i uninstalled calibre and install it again.
Now it works.

Thanks you very much.