Notices

Old 01-31-2020, 07:41 AM   #1
z537815
Enthusiast
z537815 began at the beginning.

Device: Lenovo TB-X704F
Aldiko 3.1.3 and large graphics

Greetings.

Aldiko seems to have problems with images that are too large. I found out when I started seeing ebooks with completely blank covers, or with places that should have displayed pictures, but didn't. All completely blank. Neither Sigil nor ADE have problems with such images.

I've tried HTML - <meta viewport=... - and CSS - max-height / -width and object-fit - but none of that works. Aldiko simply doesn't display those images.

The only way - that I know of - to get Aldiko to display those images, turns out to be physically scaling them down with, say, MS Paint. But this feels like a kludge.

So...how do I get Aldiko to display large images? What's large? well, something like 2500+ x 3500+, or larger. Or is there simply an upper limit to what Aldiko will handle?
z537815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 08:16 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by z537815 View Post
Greetings.

Aldiko seems to have problems with images that are too large. I found out when I started seeing ebooks with completely blank covers, or with places that should have displayed pictures, but didn't. All completely blank. Neither Sigil nor ADE have problems with such images.

I've tried HTML - <meta viewport=... - and CSS - max-height / -width and object-fit - but none of that works. Aldiko simply doesn't display those images.

The only way - that I know of - to get Aldiko to display those images, turns out to be physically scaling them down with, say, MS Paint. But this feels like a kludge.

So...how do I get Aldiko to display large images? What's large? well, something like 2500+ x 3500+, or larger. Or is there simply an upper limit to what Aldiko will handle?
Report the bug, find a different program to use in the mean time, and wait for the bug to be fixed.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote