2,000 to 5,000 33 20.25%
5,000 to 10,000 16 9.82%
10,000 to 25,000 10 6.13%
more than 25,000 5 3.07%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #31
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Just with my Mobilereference collection alone I have 20,000. I also have a Project G CD but have also downloaded a good 500 from Baen another 500 off Manybooks.net. I have a few, maybe 50 from fictionwise and a good 1000 from Amazon. I have several Comic collections on CD like M.A.D. and National Lampoon, Marvel comics, Star Trek novels and comics and not a few collections off ebay like Dr Who novels. I would say I passed the 50k mark long ago. However, I have only mapped out about 5k in Calibre.

As for reading, the Mobilereference group are all great works but I have only read my favorite authors like Oscar Wilde, Bronte, Shakespear, Poe and a few others. I read everything I actually buy like Charlene Harris Vampire collection, Laurell Hamilton Anita Blake and Merry collections, LOTR novels and others. I have not gotten to 'Game of Thrones' yet but finished most of the Dune, Ann Rice, and Lovecraft books.

Last edited by pagansoul; 03-18-2013 at 01:00 PM.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #32
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Where's the box for under 100? I read a lot of library books, so my purchased collection is not very big.
Right.
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #33
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
My collection runs right at about 10,000 eBooks. Most of my eBooks are public domain and Freebies and sale books, very few are purchased at full price. I wait for sales and love purchasing out of print oldies and Feedbooks and MR books are my friends. I have discovered many PD authors through MR.

P.S.I read or have read most of what I download. I do not download anything that that I don't plan on reading.

Last edited by Tattncat; 03-18-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #34
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I've got around 2,000 ebooks that I've bought over the last decade or so.

I also have about 1,500 digital comics bought over the last 2-3 years.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #35
HoopyFrood
Zealot
HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cruz e-reader, 2 Kindles and a Kindle DX, Sanza Clip
About 15-20 would be my guess and that could be a bit high. I read mostly from the library. But then again I've only had my e-readers for around 4 years.
HoopyFrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2013, 02:37 AM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoul View Post
not a few collections off ebay like Dr Who novels.
Such collections are almost unquestionably illegal. There are no legal collections of Dr Who ebooks. Did you not check before buying?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:54 AM   #37
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Such collections are almost unquestionably illegal. There are no legal collections of Dr Who ebooks. Did you not check before buying?
And if you're not worried about the legality of your ebooks, please download them for free from a torrent, rather than giving money to crooks.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:51 AM   #38
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
I answered 100-500 however a little bit under 100 would be more accurate.
I checked and so far I have only 87 ebooks (freebies or bought ones)
Would I dare say that my electronic library had been expanding quite a bit since January 3rd?
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #39
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
And if you're not worried about the legality of your ebooks, please download them for free from a torrent, rather than giving money to crooks.
I like your ethics, sir.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #40
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks to freebies and deals mostly found through this forum, I'm in the 500-2000 range. Mostly file collecting at this point since I've less eye-reading time.
If we add in various text files and documents collected off the net, I'd probably be the next level up.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #41
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I like your ethics, sir.
I would, of course, encourage everyone to buy or borrow their ebooks legally. (And given the vast quantity of quality ebooks given away for free or sold for very low prices in special offers, and the existence of ebook lending libraries, this shouldn't be a problem for anyone with access to a computer and the internet.)

But enriching criminals seems to be the very worst decision one could make on sourcing ebooks.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #42
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
But enriching criminals seems to be the very worst decision one could make on sourcing ebooks.
Agreed. If you won't pay the creator, why pay somebody who is just looking to ripoff both the creator and you?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #43
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Just checked my books directory properties and it says 54.9 gig/167,581 files but I haven't copied my kindle and kindle fire files over lately so :-) That includes all the ancillary files for covers etc.

Hope they figure out how to will this stuff cuz I'm 73 :-)
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #44
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
I said 100-500, even though I have less than 100. You can't keep library books, so those get wiped pretty quickly. I don't feel compelled to keep public domain books, since those are easy to reacquire. I don't spend much time searching for free non-public domain works. That pretty much leaves purchased books, which are few and far in between.
Me too. So, I guess I'm "None of the Above"
I just keep a few books loaded that I'm currently interested in and then delete them when I'm done.
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #45
Acataloger
Retired library cataloger
Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: PRS-T2 ; Kindle Paperwhite Manga; Fire HD 10; Huawei Honor 8
I started my ebook collection back in 2006, when the Sony Store was giving away some very good freebies - to stimulate interest in the new medium! I also got some good buys on bundles, like Daniel Silva's early books.

I also picked up some free books from the dear departed Wowio and some from Adobe Digital editions. All of these seem to have disappeared with Adobe's version 2.0. I do still have the titles, so I could always get them from the library.

I am making good use of OverDrive with access to three different libraries.
Acataloger is offline   Reply With Quote