Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #376
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
.em is relative sizing for text.

I'm no genius when it comes to coding but if I can help I happily will.

A worked before and after example for WAF 5.1.2 > 5.3.2 would go a long way to getting some old dying apps fixed up.

Thanks mate.
IIRC I did try a simple sqlite appreg.db UPDATE to something WHERE etc...
and got no joy perhaps I should try again then.

mesquites? or mequite, mequite right. cheers.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #377
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
I made a screenshot of the relevant part of the appreg.db entry for Komic.
And, just to be exhaustive, here's an upstart script from Amazon: CLICK ME!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	command.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	100839  
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #378
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to silver18 again

But thanks
Old 02-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #379
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just another small feature.
Komic now supports ComicInfo.xml files.
You can read something here.

Just place the comicInfo.xml file inside the comic folder and choose "Comic info" in Komic menu.
You can then choose any comic and see its info (if present).

Here's an example
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_02_13T00_24_10+0059.png
Views:	171
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	101158  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #380
alfarhan
Enthusiast
alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
@Silver18 is Komic ready now for the latest Paperwhite firmware?
alfarhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #381
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfarhan View Post
no AFAIK
Old 02-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #382
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
You can read it here!
I'll try to add the "self adjusting" ability to next release but don't rely on it!

Moreover, I don't know if everything will work on Paperwhite (apart from the GUI itself): Amazon always changes things from a firmware to another!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #383
twobob

Lol... You don't actually mention the "Current" version number on that post Silver

AFIAK the NEXT (2.2) release will support 5.3.2. as opposed to the current release.

Hope that is nice and clear.

Quote:
KOMIC DOESN'T WORK OOTB IN 5.3.2 FIRMWARE AND ON THE PAPERWHITE. PLEASE WAIT FOR A NEW RELEASE!.

The future... Should support the later devices.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #384
silver18
THE NOOB

LOL, sorry!!!
This is true:
V2.1 supports Kindle Touch 5.1.2
V2.2 will supports Kindle Touch 5.3.2 and maybe Kindle Paperwhite but with some (many) glitches (I'll have to find a nice and patient tester!)
Old 02-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #385
silver18
THE NOOB

Komic V2.2 is out. Check the first post and, please, read again the whole thing as I changed lots of things!
As always, I hope everything works!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #386
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Komic V2.2 is out. Check the first post and, please, read again the whole thing as I changed lots of things!
As always, I hope everything works!
Goes to test...
Old 02-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #387
alfarhan
Enthusiast
alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

The "update_komic_v2.2_install.bin" file disappears from my Kindle PW 5.3.3 as soon as i unplug it from my laptop.

Last edited by alfarhan; 02-23-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #388
twobob

Quote:
The "update_komic_v2.2_install.bin" file disappears from my WP 5.3.3 as soon as i unplug it from my laptop.
errr.... what? do you mean PaperWhite 5.3.3

(do you mean the UPDATE MY KINDLE is greyed out)
most likely it is NOT packed to support PW

if that ISNT the case (which it probably is)

how do you know?
via SSH? if you mean "I CANT UPDATE MY KINDLE BECAUSE IT IS GREYED OUT" then better to actually say that than making assumptions about why.

thanks

One more thing... I dont see PW support listed - I see Kindle Touch 5.3.2 but hey I could be wrong.

Last edited by twobob; 02-23-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #389
alfarhan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
errr.... what? do you mean PaperWhite 5.3.3

running any "update blocker" modifications by any chance?

also... how do you know?

via SSH?

thanks

One more thing... I dont see PW support listed - I see Kindle Touch 5.3.2 but hey I could be wrong.
I have Kindle Launcher installed with a number of extensions. I'm not sure if any of them is blocking update? I know that PW is not listed to be supported but I thought i would give it a try.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #390
twobob

fair enough.

If I had a paperwhite I would have a go at porting this... or checking if it could be repacked.

but I don't.

Sorry

EDIT: I updated my previous post to be more SPECIFIC

Last edited by twobob; 02-23-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Tags
launcher add-ons