Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
Egleria
Egleria began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 902
Onyx Boox M92: Writing?

Hi Guys,
I am playing with the Idea to buy a Onyx Boox M92. I am looking for a device to make notations in pdf's and record the lectures at the university (many formulua)

Do anybody habe any experience in writing on the Onyx Boox M92, or maybe a video, in which someone writes more than two words?

Thank you and I excues myself for my english
Egleria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egleria View Post
Hi Guys,
I am playing with the Idea to buy a Onyx Boox M92. I am looking for a device to make notations in pdf's and record the lectures at the university (many formulua)

Do anybody habe any experience in writing on the Onyx Boox M92, or maybe a video, in which someone writes more than two words?

Thank you and I excues myself for my english
Actually it works, but with current stylus it is not so convinient to write on the tablet for long time. We've ordered a little bit bigger/thicker pens for this purpose.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 06:20 AM   #3
FDD
Connoisseur
FDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Actually it works, but with current stylus it is not so convinient to write on the tablet for long time. We've ordered a little bit bigger/thicker pens for this purpose.
Hello Booxtor, have you got any news about the hardware compatibility of those pens I PM'd you about a few days ago?
FDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:58 AM   #4
peterx
Connoisseur
peterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enough

Device: M92
Quote:
I hope to have my scribbling application ready soon. The first usable version should only be some days away now.

It will be able to load and save xournal files, so you can edit your writings also later on your computer.

The source code is here:

https://github.com/peter-x/scribble
peterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #5
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDD View Post
Hello Booxtor, have you got any news about the hardware compatibility of those pens I PM'd you about a few days ago?
Yes, I got the black pens (last black model in the listing).
They are quite expensive though
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
devl82
devl82 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92 Onyx M92 Onyx M92 Onyx M92 Onyx M92 Onyx M92
Hi guys! Been reading this forum for years almost every day(!)
I think that my pursue for a decent ebook reader for scientific pdfs is over
Should i wait a bit more for the black version? (3000 pcs worldwide? Is there an estimation about the orders)
Also (dear)Booxtor is this black pen available for purchase? (cant find it in your store)
Thank you:_)
devl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
Booxtor
Booxtor

Dear devl82
Welcome aboard!

The new pen will be offered in 3 days. We expect to get the black version of M92 in the second half of March (in approx. 4 weeks)
Old 02-18-2012, 02:40 AM   #8
kamizase
Connoisseur
kamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Hmmm... there is no open source swype type of application that could be easily ported to linux, is there?
kamizase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #9
Egleria
Egleria began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 902
So with the right Stylus it works fine? Are there any Videos out there, in whiche someone trys to write as much as possible at one side? Or better would someone here try to in a video?

//EDIT: Is it possible to write this down at one page?: http://auriga.astro.physik.uni-potsd...eomech2011.jpg

Last edited by Egleria; 02-18-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Egleria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #10
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I think, it would be quite hard to write it even on a normal paper of the M92's size...

You could fit it to m92, but you would have to write it in zoom mode. To my experience, the writing to be readable must be written cca 20% bigger than on normal paper. It is due to not so 'sharp' pen and not so precise callibration. Real line might be a bit offset from where you think you write the line... So writing a bit bigger letters compensates for this ambiguity. You can write in zoom mode, so that in reality the letters will be 'normal' size.

But this applies to 1.6 firmware, where pen callibration was far from perfect. It could draw 1-1.5 mm way off. Now with 1.7 firmware callibration seems to be much better and so writing will be more precise, but still the uncertainity with 'not sharp' pen remains.

I guess, one might be able to make a line with precision of 0.5-1 mm. Might be OK for those who write in bigger script.

There is another 'issue'. I do not know if it is in scrible page, but if writing to pdf, it sometimes stops accepting my writing for a while. I guess, it writes data to database (or does something else), but for few seconds - no writing.

So, at situations when you need to write right now (and cannot wait for few seconds), I would prefer paper. Make a scan later and put it to e-reader.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #11
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
Quote:
The new pen will be offered in 3 days.
Still no offer in your shop or am I blind?

Edit: Okay, I shut up

Last edited by tuxor; 02-21-2012 at 11:21 AM.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:34 AM   #12
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post

There is another 'issue'. I do not know if it is in scrible page, but if writing to pdf, it sometimes stops accepting my writing for a while. I guess, it writes data to database (or does something else), but for few seconds - no writing.

So, at situations when you need to write right now (and cannot wait for few seconds), I would prefer paper. Make a scan later and put it to e-reader.
That is quite a statement about the performance or should I say non-performance?

But looking at things from a practical perspective: I read on the eader and I scribble/take notes on a tablet seperately - at least for now.
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #13
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Well, for scribling while reading it is OK. Not, 100% perfect, but just satisfactory.

For fast taking notes (at lecture, bussiness meeting, etc.) it is (at present) somewhere between not usable and so, so...

It seems to me there is some kind of a bug in the program. Hopefuly, it will be fixed in future....
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #14
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Is there some video where you use the stylus extensively, to annotate text of many formats?
Thanks
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #15
peterx
Connoisseur
peterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enough

Device: M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterx View Post
I hope to have my scribbling application ready soon. The first usable version should only be some days away now.

It will be able to load and save xournal files, so you can edit your writings also later on your computer.

The source code is here:

https://github.com/peter-x/scribble
The first public beta release is available. Please see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170271
peterx is offline   Reply With Quote