Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-30-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
vandinroth
vandinroth began at the beginning.

Device: nook color running CM7
Can't get books in the right folder

I'm using a nook color running cyanogen 7. Trying to use the nook android app as a reader. If i send files from my computer to the nook it goes in the myfiles/books folder which the nook app doesn't find. I want them to go to the SD card in the nook/MyDocuments folder. I tried adding nook/mydocuments to the sending books to device option but then they go to myfiles/books/nook/mydocuments which doesn't work.

How do i get it to send it directly to the root of the sd card to the nook/mydocuments folder? Spent the last hour searching and i can't find an answer.

Thanks.
vandinroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandinroth View Post
How do i get it to send it directly to the root of the sd card to the nook/mydocuments folder? Spent the last hour searching and i can't find an answer.
You could disable the Nook Color plugin under Preferences - Plugins - Device interface plugin and connect to the folder you want to send books to using the Connect to Folder feature.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
autumnmist
autumnmist began at the beginning.

Apparently it's a deliberate choice that isn't documented/mentioned in the Nook Color plugin settings.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130187
autumnmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
It's normal for the device interface plugins to include the path on the device where books are expected to be. For example, the driver for my Cybook automatically includes the folder /ebooks, which the device expects ebooks to be in.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #5
autumnmist
autumnmist began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
It's normal for the device interface plugins to include the path on the device where books are expected to be. For example, the driver for my Cybook automatically includes the folder /ebooks, which the device expects ebooks to be in.
Yeah that makes sense, but the problem is that the device expects the books to be in /My Files/Books yet the Nook Color plugin doesn't let you put them there.

You can put files into /My Files/Books/Books or into /Books but not into /My Files/Books
autumnmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:52 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
If you're running non-standard firmware, the location might differ from the standard location the device expects books to be in. Device interface plugins are geared towards devices running the standard firmware.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
There is a new device driver in the next release (0.8.0 I think) that allows you to customize where books go. The driver plugin name is User Defined. The intent was to supply a driver that can be used for rooted or non-standard devices, but it can also replace standard device drivers.

You specify three things to set it up:
- The USB IDs to match your device.
- For Windows, the names of the drives for the device for both main memory and a card.
- The root folders for books in main memory and the card.
There is a function in preferences -> miscellaneous to help you get the correct USB IDs and (on windows) the drive names.

If you use this driver to replace an existing one, you must disable the original or it will match (and connect) first.

Note that this driver provides no device-specific functionality. For example, it doesn't know about Sony collections, Kindle annotations, and the Nook Color magazine special case. It provides functions similar to connect-to-folder, but with automatic connection and main + SD card capability.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote