Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-19-2017, 05:25 PM   #1
StreetScooby
StreetScooby began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Caliber doesn't see books on my Fire Tablet

I have a Fire Tablet HDX 10. Caliber doesn't see my books. I have tried to reconfigure the device many times now, telling Caliber to look in the Books directory to no avail. Any ideas how I can get my books transfer from the Fire Tablet to Caliber?
StreetScooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:27 PM   #2
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Try using the original cord that came with the HDX. A generic cord doesn't always work. It's thicker than most USB cords even though it otherwise looks the same. When I figured out which was the original cord and plugged it in, surprise surprise, there were my books and they transferred fine. If you are using the original cord, then I have no further advice other than hope someone else can help you.

Last edited by Tarana; 06-19-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2017, 11:14 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Newer books from amazon are delivered in the KFX format. These are encrypted and not suitable fro import into calibre. Instead go to your manage my content page on amazon and download the books from there, which will give you regular azw3 files you can import into calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:38 AM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
You should be aware that if you download your purchased books directly from Amazon for USB transfer to a Fire tablet any of those books containing DRM will not be accessible in calibre.

You may want to consider using Kindle for PC/Mac instead.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #5
StreetScooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Try using the original cord that came with the HDX. A generic cord doesn't always work.
I just went through a bit of an agonizing process with my original cord. When I plugged it into the Kindle Fire, an acknowledging beep was made, but the device would not show up on my computer. With the help of Amazon people, we figured out the cord was bad. A new cord now has the device showing up just fine, but no books.
Advert
Old 06-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #6
StreetScooby

@kovidgoyal, I'll try that. Thank you.

Tags
fire hdx