Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: What hot story will we read in July?
I Never Had it Made by Jackie Robinson 6 46.15%
The Greengage Summer by Rumer Godden 3 23.08%
The Summer Book by Tove Jansson 5 38.46%
Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury 8 61.54%
The Return of the Soldier by Rebecca West 3 23.08%
The Go-Between by L.P. Hartley 6 46.15%
Atonement by Ian McEwan 5 38.46%
Long Summer Day by R.F. Delderfield 3 23.08%
A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams 1 7.69%
A Man's Got to Have a Hobby: Long Summers with My Dad by William McInnes 4 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2018, 03:20 PM   #46
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I am going to be on the road most of the next 2 weeks. Would this be appropriate and enjoyable for my 7 y.o.? (I think my 10 y.o. would be ok with it but she'll read most anything.)

If not, I will probably be a few days late for discussion.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:57 PM   #47
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
This production was brilliant, and the cast does a fantastic job! Length is about 2 hrs. Bradbury wrote the dramatization so it captures the essence of the novel even though there are some variations. It really brings the story ALIVE!
Wonderful! I planned to read it this time around, but I'll bump it up so I can listen to the dramatization afterwards.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:16 AM   #48
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
This production was brilliant, and the cast does a fantastic job! Length is about 2 hrs. Bradbury wrote the dramatization so it captures the essence of the novel even though there are some variations. It really brings the story ALIVE!
Good to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Thanks, Bookworm_Girl. I have an Audible version that is WhisperSync'd but I haven't yet started reading it. I might well circle back and read/listen to this one as well.
Same here, I bought book and audio versions. I've put off starting it as I want it to be as fresh in my mind as possible when the discussion starts. For The Three Musketeers a month had passed before the discussion, and with several books under my belt after it, my memory of the story was already impaired.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:31 AM   #49
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
In addition to Hoopla, YouTube has the dramatization.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote