Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-31-2010, 05:31 AM   #1
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Smart Quotes

Anyone familiar with Textile? It is a tool for textual format to XHMTL. It also convert quotes to smart quotes.

Two links which have an implementation are:
I find the first better, special for single quotes. I am thinking of a tool which converts XHTML to Textile format and then use it to convert backup to XHTML.

Now, if only I had time...

Apparently there are Ruby scripts for it available. Redcloth and Clothred. I also find a site to convert HTML to Textile format.

Last edited by Toxaris; 05-31-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I see 'em failin' too easily

Incorrectly oriented curly quotes are one of my pet peeves, and I always have to check them one by one (except when a single quote appears in the middle of a word, when I can safely assume it's an apostrophe).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2010, 10:32 AM   #3
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
In this post I describe a regular expression which, if a fairly low prerequisites are satisfied, yields quite good results with "smartification". Note: The regexp may fail even when the prerequisites are satisfied, but those cases are quite unusual.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote