Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
bravoland
bravoland began at the beginning.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook Lite
Jetbook Lite - Recommended Book Light?

I picked up a JBL last week and think it's a great device. But i'm having trouble trying to find a book light that works good with it when laying in bed with the lights out.

i have a few of the 1 led clip on type that i clip to the device but that puts a harsh reflection on the screen.

i have tried a wedge type but with the screen slightly receded it doesn't work good either.

i have seen the jetbook recommended one that clips to your ear but i'm not crazy about connecting something to my ear.

what is everyone else using?
bravoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravoland View Post
what is everyone else using?
Sunlight during the day and bed lamp at night. My wife can sleep with lights, ceiling fan and tv on, she is the best
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2010, 05:12 AM   #3
idraw22
Zealot
idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Kindle 3, jetbook mini, sony clie, sony prs-T1
Hi,

I wouldn't try clipping anything onto it,unless they have something made special for it, but like uRwhatuR said sunlight in the day, lamplight at night. I have found a lapel or collar clip on light at BAM that is great for reading at night or in the dark. Just clip in on our collar or on the edge or your clothing. You hold the JBL and the light shines over it. Works great for me! Welcome to Mobileread!
idraw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:33 AM   #4
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by idraw22 View Post
Welcome to Mobileread!
Yes, welcome to Mobileread!
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
A good book light clipped to the bill of my Cap is what I use.

Or mount the JBL into a case, and clip book like to the case.

I suspect most would be happiest with a good directional bedlamp.

Worst case scenario you can read by candlelight if you can get 2 candles into the right location. (Over your shoulder, so light falls on book, not shines in your eyes)
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 01:55 AM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
A good book light clipped to the bill of my Cap is what I use.

Or mount the JBL into a case, and clip book like to the case.

I suspect most would be happiest with a good directional bedlamp.

Worst case scenario you can read by candlelight if you can get 2 candles into the right location. (Over your shoulder, so light falls on book, not shines in your eyes)
Isn't that what epaulets are for? Might want to consider nonflammable bed
clothes though.

Maybe a short string of those new tiny Christmas lights, draped around your
neck? Or clipped to a set of suspenders?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:54 AM   #7
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

What can I say Ken, the power was out and stayed out for 4 hours.
I needed my fix, so Jetbook by Candlelight.

Not that I'd recommend it for bedtime use.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:03 AM   #8
bravoland
bravoland began at the beginning.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook Lite
thanks guys for the answers!

i ended up getting the http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Home...?cds2Pid=18741

which seems to work pretty good
bravoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:26 PM   #9
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!

That looks like a pretty nice light. Does it clip right on the bezel of the JBL without putting pressure on the screen?
Old 05-01-2010, 05:29 AM   #10
caroleann
caroleann began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
Hi I use the same light on my regular Jetbook, and find it really great for reading in bed, and yes mine clips easily on the bezel of the Jetbook without touching the screen
caroleann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:51 PM   #11
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Oh I love the Mighty Brite! I use it every night, with paper backs, hard backs, and the JBL! I made a cover with a little photo album and velcro and clip the mighty brite to it.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #12
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
What I just patched together that is: cheap, runs on AAA batteries, and works perfectly
is a three LCD "Puck Light"/stick-up lite that I found at the local grocery store. It came
in a pack of two for <$5. It is made with a defuser lens over the leds. I drilled a small
starter hole and mounted a tiny eye hook. I was going to use a dogtag chain, but I
found that an alligator clip jumper, with clips on both ends, works great and makes it
easy to take on and off. In any case it actually looks like it could be a medallion, or a
fashion accessory. You just push on the light to turn it on and off.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote