Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-30-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
dsip
Connoisseur
dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Between Devices..
Is the Kindle's SD Card reader slow?

My only card reader that could read SDHC cards is broken, so I have right now no other way to look into this.. but I bought a 16GB SDHC card for the Kindle, which is supposed to support 15MB/s - according to reviews it does so fine. But when I write content on it with the Kindle (connected via USB), it writes at 150-300 kB/s. Read speed is about 1MB/s. Is that the Kindle's "fault", or could it be a bad card?

I did btw test the speed with H2testw, if anyone is interested in this.
dsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
It can be slow, the more you have on the card the slower it seems
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert