Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 12:16 PM   #61
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The problem with Wodehouse is that he's only in the public domain in the United States. Anyone who downloads him who lives elsewhere is probably breaking copyright law.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:24 PM   #62
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
As if you needed yet another nomination, I would like to recommend G. K. Chesterton's The Man Who Was Thursday. I haven't read it yet but I've heard far too many good things about it.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11350
Advert
Old 11-18-2008, 12:25 PM   #63
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
As if you needed yet another nomination, I would like to recommend G. K. Chesterton's The Man Who Was Thursday. I haven't read it yet but I've heard far too many good things about it.

oh yep, that's a good one too.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:30 PM   #64
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post

We currently have 6 books with three (or more) nominations. I suggested we could go to 10. So, we have room for 4 more.

See message 1 for the list of books officially nominated. If I missed one please let me know.

BOb
Old 11-19-2008, 10:28 AM   #65
rlanger
rlanger began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air
I'll join in and second Gatsby. It's a great quick read and even if you have read it already, there is always something new to discover the second time around.

Rob
Advert
Old 11-19-2008, 10:38 AM   #66
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Animal Farm, or 1984 both by Orwell............
Old 11-19-2008, 10:50 AM   #67
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
I'll third Gatsby and Chesterton, (unless I've thirded too many already)
Old 11-19-2008, 10:59 AM   #68
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
I'll third Gatsby and Chesterton, (unless I've thirded too many already)
Ok, these are books 7 and 8 even though the "second" was from Zelda who claims to not be participating.

BOb
Old 11-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #69
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Ok, these are books 7 and 8 even though the "second" was from Zelda who claims to not be participating.

BOb
But we're not certain which Zelda is claiming that...

-MJ
Old 11-19-2008, 01:27 PM   #70
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
I wasn't paying attention and didn't join in on the PtI read. This one I plan to. I'd be happy with Bronte, though here are a couple others;

The Count of Monte-Cristo - Alexandre Dumas
Candide - Voltaire

-MJ

Of course?
Oh, dear lord! Do you have any idea how long CoMC is? Great book, but this is over the Holidays we're talking about! So, naturally, I second it.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:37 PM   #71
GypsyWoman
Groupie
GypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony E Reader PRS-505/iTouch/Blackberry Curve-Pink
Sherlock Holmes fan here.

I vote for 'Hound of the Baskervilles'. One of our favorites. I never tire of Doyle's Holmes' stories.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:10 AM   #72
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyWoman View Post

I vote for 'Hound of the Baskervilles'. One of our favorites. I never tire of Doyle's Holmes' stories.
We're not voting yet, just nominating books for the vote. HOTB is already in the nomination list .
Old 11-20-2008, 08:59 AM   #73
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Animal Farm, or 1984 both by Orwell............
Please no. Already had the "pleasure" of dissecting these in school.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:47 PM   #74
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please no. Already had the "pleasure" of dissecting these in school.
Actually, of all the books I had to read for school... Animal Farm was about the only one I really enjoyed. I just read 1984 this year believe it or not. It was preloaded on my Sony 500 when I go it. Always meant to read it.

BOb
Old 11-20-2008, 01:47 PM   #75
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
We're not voting yet, just nominating books for the vote. HOTB is already in the nomination list .
Right, this thread is just the primaries.

BOb
Closed Thread

Tags
mrbc