Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-15-2008, 07:13 PM   #1
deedward9
Enthusiast
deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2, Kobo Clara, Nook Glowlight Plus, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
New versions of calibre in Ubuntu Hardy 64 Bit

I was wondering if anyone had upgraded to the latests versions of Calibre in 64bit Ubuntu Hardy.

I'm still running an older version (.4.77) that works just fine for managing my downloads from here, and Feedbooks, but I always enjoyed keeping up with the latest versions.

Has anyone installed the precompiled binary as per the instructions, or any advice. Otherwise, I'm really just planning on keeping my current version.

Fantastic application, and I absolutely appreciated kovidgoyal's help with getting it to work on my system earlier this year.

Thanks all
Happy reading!
Devin
deedward9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:21 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
i suggets installing from source. You'll need to install the development packages of python, qt, and pyqt4
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2008, 08:36 PM   #3
deedward9
Enthusiast
deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I went though and installed the dependencies and the ones that I could find with -dev packages.

Everything worked till the last step. I got the following output.

devin@devin-desktop:~/calibre-0.4.96$ python setup.py build && sudo python setup.py install
Setup calibre version: 0.4.96
running build
running resources
Compiling resources...
running translations
Compiling translations...
Compiling nl
Compiling el
Compiling ru
Compiling nb
Compiling ca
Compiling pt
Compiling fr
Compiling es
Compiling nds
Compiling sl
Compiling sv
Compiling te
Compiling it
Compiling bg
Compiling gl
Compiling de
running gui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/filename_pattern.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/main.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/viewer/config.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/viewer/main.ui
Promoting WebView
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/jobs.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/metadata_bulk.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/search_item.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/metadata_single.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/book_info.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/conversion_error.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/config.ui
Implementing Workaround for buggy pyuic in form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/config.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/warning.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/lrf_single.ui
Implementing Workaround for buggy pyuic in form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/lrf_single.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/search.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/choose_format.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/tag_editor.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/epub.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/password.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/job_view.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/user_profiles.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/comicconf.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/fetch_metadata.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/lrf_renderer/config.ui
Compiling form /home/devin/calibre-0.4.96/src/calibre/gui2/lrf_renderer/main.ui
Compiling images...
error: No such file or directory

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:58 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What happens if you do
Code:
python setup.py gui
Old 10-16-2008, 09:24 PM   #5
deedward9
Enthusiast

I get the following error.

can't open file 'setup.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Thanks again so much
Advert
Old 10-16-2008, 09:27 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

run it in the calibre source directory (i.e. the directory where setup.py exists
Old 10-16-2008, 09:36 PM   #7
deedward9
Enthusiast

I get this same error.

Setup calibre version: 0.4.96
running gui
Compiling images...
error: No such file or directory
Old 10-16-2008, 09:44 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

post the result of doing ls src/calibre/gui2
Old 10-16-2008, 09:48 PM   #9
deedward9
Enthusiast

I get this error

ls: cannot access src/calibre/gui2: No such file or directory
Old 10-16-2008, 09:50 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

do it in the calibre source directory
Old 10-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #11
deedward9
Enthusiast

Sorry, I thought that that was in the source directory. I'm not sure ho to get there now. I'm still fairly new to Linux in general.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:14 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The source directory is the same directory where you ran python setup.py gui

perhaps you mistyped it? check to make sure it is

Code:
ls src/calibre/gui2
Old 10-16-2008, 10:33 PM   #13
deedward9
Enthusiast

That time I get

cover_flow.py images lrf_renderer news.py update.py
device.py images.qrc main.py pictureflow viewer
dialogs __init__.py main.ui status.py widgets.py
filename_pattern.ui jobs2.py main_ui.py tags.py
filename_pattern_ui.py library.py main_window.py tools.py
Old 10-16-2008, 11:01 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

are you sure you installed pyqt4-dev, you seem to be missing the pyrcc4 command
Old 10-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #15
deedward9
Enthusiast

I had that package installed, however I did not have pyqt4-dev-tools installed.

The install make it quite a bit futher, and now I get the following error apparantly with make...

gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -Isrc/calibre/utils/msdes -I/usr/include/python2.5 -c src/calibre/utils/msdes/des.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.5/src/calibre/utils/msdes/des.o
gcc -pthread -shared -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.5/src/calibre/utils/msdes/msdesmodule.o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.5/src/calibre/utils/msdes/des.o -o src/calibre/plugins/msdes.so
building 'calibre.plugins.pictureflow' extension
qmake -o Makefile.qt pictureflow.pro
make -f Makefile.qt
g++ -c -pipe -fpermissive -g -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_SHARED -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I. -o pictureflow.o ../../../../src/calibre/gui2/pictureflow/pictureflow.cpp
make: g++: Command not found
make: *** [pictureflow.o] Error 127
error: command 'make' failed with exit status 2