Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #34681
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Tom! Paul! I'm glad to see you guys getting ready for the holiday! Can we get the chicken to play in? I've got my costume half finished and working feverishly to get it done in time.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #34682
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I thought the only person to use the word 'postprandial' was Archie McNally!

Stitchawl
Well really! What other word is suitably apt for the period of time following one's consumption of comestibles?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #34683
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Tom! Paul! I'm glad to see you guys getting ready for the holiday! Can we get the chicken to play in? I've got my costume half finished and working feverishly to get it done in time.
Are you working on an addition to your splendid ghostly outfit?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #34684
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:

Stitchawl
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Stitchawl's ghostly avatar reminds me of the scene in Ghostbusters in the NY City Library.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #34685
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I've haven't seen that movie in years. I loved it then, but I wonder if I would ruin my memories if I watched it again? I may have to check it out again.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #34686
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Just slowly getting more and more ghostly. In another few days you won't see me at all, only hear my chains rattling.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #34687
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Made another batch of speculaas cookies today. This time with different spices than last week. I like this mix better although they could have done with a couple of minutes longer in the oven. I have more dough (we want to test how long it's best to let the dough rest in the fridge) and tomorrow I'll make a batch of broken speculaas.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #34688
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Considering starting reading a book on my new Kobo Glo
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #34689
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
"Considering" ??? You should be so far into it that you forget to post here!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #34690
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Been pretty busy today between moderating, posting, keeping up with the book club (slow month), doing my "womanly duties"*, reading the Paperwhite, and helping my daughter with her philosophy homework. Time for a Mission Impossible break (I'm currently re-watching the 2nd season for the first time in 30 years).

* My wife's term for the chores she expects me to have done by the time she gets home; today it was picking up the garbage with which Crystal decorated the house, vacuuming, and washing the dishes.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 10-23-2012 at 04:55 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #34691
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
..... Time for a Mission Impossible break (I'm currently re-watching the 2nd season for the first time in 30 years).
I'm saving my complete set of Xena episodes to re-watch when I retire.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #34692
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One of the cats of the cafe across the street has figured out there isn't any cat defending our store anymore (Nikita having died a year ago and Lexie having no interest in going downstairs).

Momo (pronounced as Mow-mow) is a sweet fluffy cat who has, some time during summer, decided I'm his/her best friends. When he sees me walking by he comes racing up for a cuddle and scratch. Before either Nikita or Lexie "defended" our store from cat intruders, but now Momo has figured out no cat's downstairs in the last week he comes to visit me regularly when I'm working. Today I found him curled up on my chair!

I don't mind Lexie is sweet but doesn't like cuddles but Momo does.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #34693
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
cute kitties! any pix?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #34694
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
cute kitties! any pix?
Not yet, I'll try to remember next time Momo comes to visit. He's a black longhair. He originally lived in a different cafe, but their theory was that a cat will only catch mice if you don't feed it. Our neighbour took offence of that and started feeding Momo, who decided that her cafe was a much better place to live. She also brushes him regularly, which is needed with his long hair.

Last week I heard that Nikita's brother has died, who lived with the same neighbour. A bit sad about that but I know my neighbour takes good care of her pets and he's had a very good life.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #34695
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
OK - I've completely lost my marbles .... I can't believe what I just did ....

Long time MR lounge participants know that I have a near crippling arachnophobia! Even photos of spiders posted here have set me running for the spoiler tags (after my heart rate dropped below 100) ... so

We never use our front door ... there is a small porch with an overhead light ... which at this time of year becomes spider heaven. We only use the back door - which opens onto the driveway. The only people that come to the front door are unwanted visitors (Jehovah's witnesses, salesmen, etc.) ... and the UPS man.

So, this year a huge orb weaver spider (I'm sorry - I just can't post a photo) took up residence - and spun a huge web that completely spans the entrance to the porch - and hangs there trapping flying insects that are attracted to the porch light. My first reaction? Get out the broom & bug spray - EXTERMINATE! But I got sick and couldn't go outside. And began to watch her.

She's gorgeous! Typical black & yellow body markings. Beautiful zig-zag web! Yes reader, I named her. Emily.

Then last night I looked out - and the web was gone! No Emily! No web! I was frantic! Just on my way to bed I peeked out the side light - and there she was spinning a new web! Amazing! I don't know how long I stood there watching. But she's back now!

Tonight I realized I had a UPS delivery expected this week! Oh no! I can't let him hurt Emily -- or destroy the web. And he's too lazy to walk 10 feet around to the back of the house. He might kill her and think he's protecting us!

So .... I got a roll of "Caution Wet Paint" tape and taped over the front of the porch - leaving room for Emily of course! It is now physically impossible to climb onto the porch. He'll have to leave the box on the steps.

I'm protecting something that scares the beejeesus out of me! If I had touched the web whilst stringing up the Caution tape I would have had a coronary! Sigh ....

[I'm leaving the tape up until Halloween is over. With my luck, she will incorporate it into the web and I'll be stuck with it until she lays her egg sac and dies off at the end of fall. I'll probably be in tears then!]

I'm a big softie ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?