Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-28-2015, 11:24 PM   #1
jfrvk
jfrvk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Unhappy Automatically assigning series number

Hello everyone lately I got the Kobo Aura and managed to get the collections working, but now I have imported 50 or so chapters of a manga and they all are numbered in the title but I can't find a way to tell Calibre to read that number and put it as the series number, right now I'm doing it manually and it's taking me a lot of time.

Thanks in advance.
jfrvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:07 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You can use the search and replace in the bulk metadata to search for something in the title and copy it to the series index. You will need to use the regular expression mode. The exact regex needed depends on the format in the title.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2015, 10:03 AM   #3
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Manga Title Formats

@jfrvk,

It would be quite helpful to know your Manga title patterns, especially how Volume and Chapter are specified (exactly). Please indicate which examples match your titles, and if none do, please add their exact patterns.

example 1: XXXX_Ch03_YYYY

example 2: XXXX 589

example 3: XXXX YYYY [Chapter 001-999]

example 4: XXXX YYY v01 c01

example 5: XXXX YYY Ch01

example 6: 19

example 7: 19.png

example 8:

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:45 PM   #4
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Manga Titles

@jfrvk,

I have an unreleased test version of my QuarantineAndScrub add-on/plug-in for Calibre that produced the "work" columns from the "real" columns in the attached image of test results. The Manga-ish test data I created was an educated guess on my part, and insufficient.

Before I release a Manga-aware version of Q&S, I require many more additional real-life examples of real Manga titles within a real Calibre library for use in testing.

It would be optimal if you could copy-and-paste Manga titles from Calibre into a text file, and either PM it to me, or attach it to this thread. I am looking for "patterns", so a wide assortment of titles would be useful.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	manga_test_data_examples.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	134326  
Old 01-29-2015, 11:13 PM   #5
jfrvk
jfrvk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
@jfrvk,

I have an unreleased test version of my QuarantineAndScrub add-on/plug-in for Calibre that produced the "work" columns from the "real" columns in the attached image of test results. The Manga-ish test data I created was an educated guess on my part, and insufficient.

Before I release a Manga-aware version of Q&S, I require many more additional real-life examples of real Manga titles within a real Calibre library for use in testing.

It would be optimal if you could copy-and-paste Manga titles from Calibre into a text file, and either PM it to me, or attach it to this thread. I am looking for "patterns", so a wide assortment of titles would be useful.

DaltonST
Helo Dalton thanks for your response, this are the ways I've gotten them so far:

Taiyou no Ie 1
Taiyou no Ie 2
Taiyou no Ie 3
And so on
Chapter 00
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
And so on
Claymore___Volume_06
Claymore___Volume_07
Claymore___Volume_08
And so on

I've got them in cbz format if that's of any relevance. As you see most of them are listed in the way example two is, renaming the files is also not a problem as it is easier than changing the metadata one by one. Thanks again.
jfrvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2015, 12:17 PM   #6
DaltonST
Deviser

Q&S is "Manga Aware"

@jfrvk,

Version 3.6.9 of the QuarantineAndScrub add-on is "Manga Aware". See Page 55 of the User Guide for details.

DaltonST

Tags
number, series number