Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
Snori1090
Snori1090 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Cannot Open Book on iPad

Error trying to open e-book in iBooks on ipad2: Cannot Open "[book]" It is formatted incorrectly, or is not a format that iBooks can open.

I have been successfully creating new ebooks using InDesign in conjunction with Calibre.

I had been using Calibre for Mac and was successfully creating, editing and sending my book to iTunes and opening on my iPad.

However, my Mac died and now I am trying the same process using Calibre for Windows. While I don't know if that is the problem, it's the main equation that is different than my previous successful efforts.

Any idea what might be causing this error? I've mostly read that it has to do with DRM, but these are new eBooks and should not have any DRM issues.
Snori1090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:07 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calibre for Windows SHOULD behave the same as Calibre for Mac since they are based on the same source code.

Since iBooks wants ePub formatted books, you could see if Sigil can open the file in question? As well as providing a check on it being a good ePub, Sigil may be able to auto-correct some sorts of errors.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
and while you are using Sigil:
validate the EPUB with the Built in Flightcrew
(Sigil 6) Right-click on the CSS in the Book Browser and Validate the CSS with W3C
Calibre (and Sigil) tolerate some kinds of errors that other viewers don't
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote