Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-23-2013, 03:43 AM   #196
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Also.

Just posting to draw attention back to this.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #197
onlyra
onlyra began at the beginning.

Device: KT, KPW3
Exclamation where is baf?

Has anyone spoken to "baf" lately? Is he ok?
I tried to email him using the form on his website but when I enter the captcha and click "I'm a human" button I get "An error occurred: Input error: k: Required field must not be blank".
I realy love his work and I would like him to continue it.
onlyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #198
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

He said earlier skipstone wasn' the only thing on his TODO list...

Maybe he's porting OpenOffice.

Last edited by icantbebothered; 07-09-2013 at 11:44 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #199
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
busy, busy, busy:
http://www.fabiszewski.net/
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #200
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyra View Post
Has anyone spoken to "baf" lately? Is he ok?
I tried to email him using the form on his website but when I enter the captcha and click "I'm a human" button I get "An error occurred: Input error: k: Required field must not be blank".
I realy love his work and I would like him to continue it.
Hi!

Thanks for encouragement!

I am fine. I still look into this forum from time to time, waiting for some new inspirations.
I must admit I lost interest in some of my projects like skipstone or gnash. It was a lot of fun to port it to Kindle, but then I realized that in fact I don't need such apps on an e-book reader. And maintaining someone else's code is difficult and not so much interesting
It still might happen that I will resume these works some day, when I have more time.

Anyway I heard it is time for developer's summer holidays.

Best greetings to all!

Regarding captcha on my page, it might have been a temporary problem with reCaptcha engine which is independent of my site. Try again if you want to contact me.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #201
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
It still might happen that I will resume these works some day, when I have more time.

Anyway I heard it is time for developer's summer holidays.

Best greetings to all!
Glad to know you are still tracking the happenings in the Kindle world.

Hope you got a laugh out of the "Developer Summer Holiday Road Trip" video clip.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #202
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Hope you got a laugh out of the "Developer Summer Holiday Road Trip" video clip.
Of course I didn't miss that, or your new avatar
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #203
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Of course I didn't miss that, or your new avatar
Yeah, no summer holiday for me. Maybe next time.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #204
onlyra
onlyra began at the beginning.

Device: KT, KPW3
Quote:
Hi!

I must admit I lost interest in some of my projects like skipstone or gnash. It was a lot of fun to port it to Kindle, but then I realized that in fact I don't need such apps on an e-book reader.
Well I am using it to read news on my kindle touch, compared to kindle's browser, skipstone, with a few glitches(the stubborn build-in keyboard), works very good. It does have tabs and doesn't crash that much. So I wish you to have more time
Thanks
onlyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:06 AM   #205
icantbebothered
Penguin

And I have a bug

Once upon a time, skipstone was working just fine. But when I installed Debian (although I don't see how that could make a difference) I tried to download a zip with skipstone and it killed the framewok instead. I've replaced the binaries, and tried downloading from many different websites, but the problem remains.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #206
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
And I have a bug

Once upon a time, skipstone was working just fine. But when I installed Debian (although I don't see how that could make a difference) I tried to download a zip with skipstone and it killed the framewok instead. I've replaced the binaries, and tried downloading from many different websites, but the problem remains.

Did the installation process you followed for Debian modify your .bashrc or .profile files?
That might be the connection between seemingly different things.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:59 AM   #207
icantbebothered
Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Did the installation process you followed for Debian modify your .bashrc or .profile files?
That might be the connection between seemingly different things.
No. I just mounted twobob's image on mnt/debian and fiddled with the shell scripts to make them, erm, work.

EDIT: If it helps to know, downloading with elinks and the stock browser works.

Last edited by icantbebothered; 07-25-2013 at 06:14 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:35 AM   #208
icantbebothered
Penguin

Got it! I deleted /skipstone/settings/.skiptone/skipdownload_running and skipdownload_url. Now it works fine. Skipdownload must have been stuck on a download so it crashed whenever skipstone tried to run it.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #209
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
Got it! I deleted /skipstone/settings/.skiptone/skipdownload_running and skipdownload_url. Now it works fine. Skipdownload must have been stuck on a download so it crashed whenever skipstone tried to run it.
Sounds reasonable.

Machine was saying: "Hey, boss, I failed and you told me to keep on trying (and failing)". Dumb machine.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:21 AM   #210
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Looks nice. I don't have time to play with it now. Maybe someone else?
root@dev:/usr/local/src/luakit-2012.03.25# BUILD=arm-linux-gnueabi HOST=arm-linux-gnueabi PATH=/usr/lib/ccache:$PATH make USE_UNIQUE=0 V=1
Quote:
luakit build options:
CC = cc
LUA_PKG_NAME = lua5.1
CFLAGS = -mthumb -std=gnu99 -O2 -ggdb -W -Wall -Wextra -pthread -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gio-unix-2.0/ -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/libsoup-2.4 -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/lua5.1 -I/usr/include/webkitgtk-1.0 -I./ -mfloat-abi=soft -fno-stack-protector -ffast-math -march=armv7 -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer
CPPFLAGS = -DVERSION="a9de581" -DDEVELOPMENT_PATHS
LDFLAGS = -pthread -lgthread-2.0 -lrt -lwebkitgtk-1.0 -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lsoup-2.4 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lcairo -lpango-1.0 -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lgio-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -ljavascriptcoregtk-1.0 -lglib-2.0 -lsqlite3 -llua5.1 -Wl,--export-dynamic -Wl,-rpath,/mnt/us/extensions/luakit/usr/lib -static-libstdc++
INSTALLDIR = /mnt/us/extensions/luakit/usr
MANPREFIX = /mnt/us/extensions/luakit/usr/share/man
DOCDIR = /mnt/us/extensions/luakit/usr/share/luakit/docs
better choice of options...

and fixed re: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=636817
(missing dependency)

I should tidy that up at some point and ship it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_10_22T11_44_34+0000.png
Views:	382
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	113834  

Last edited by twobob; 10-22-2013 at 07:46 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, gui lanucher, kindle, launcher add-ons, touch