Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-31-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
pillphil
pillphil began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Heuristic Processing PDB

I'm having a bit of trouble with this.

I have an ebook (PDB) which is a complete mess, it's all one single line of text, large parts are italiced and large parts are in bold for no good reason. When I convert it to mobi, it stays the same. However when I convert it from pdb to mobi with heuristic processing, it does an amazing job, I couldn't believe it.
Except, it only outputs the first quarter of the book.

Any ideas?
pillphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:49 AM   #2
pillphil

Got it figured out. I converted to epub, then converted epub to mobi with heuristic processing. I still have chapters completely bold or italic, but unless there's an easy way to remove them, it'll do
Advert
Old 07-31-2012, 01:42 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the filter css to remove the font-weight css property.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:08 AM   #4
pillphil

I'm just after figuring out why it happened and how to get rid of it. The book I'm reading uses these things to denote thoughts <>. So when someone thought something like <I have too much time on my hands> The next lot of text was converted into italics.
I used the tweak function to explode the book and word pad to edit out the unnecessary <i's and <b's.

I've had a look at the css, It might save some searching and deleting if this happens again. I'm not familiar with it though. What would I have to enter to remove the font weight property?
Old 07-31-2012, 02:12 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
font-weight for bold and font-style for italic
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2012, 02:52 AM   #6
pillphil

Thanks for that, I was looking in the user style sheet tab of the viewer instead of the filter css.

Finally got it working. Great program by the way.