Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #76
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
As regards the updates, they are all "differential" updates. This means you only have to change files and it's not necessary to uninstall the previous versions.

As regards the unistall, there are three ways:
- remove the imagegallery folder in extensions (this leaves entries in appreg.db, but you can live with it)
- remove the imagegallery folder in extensions and replace a appreg.db backup (if you made it. this is difficoult as it affects other wafs if you installed them after having done the backup)
- find uninstall commands similar to those used to install the waf.

By now, the first solution is the easier.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #77
yahwing
Enthusiast
yahwing began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
How about the title bar? Has it been removed?
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #78
canopus
canopus began at the beginning.

Frequent User

Thanks a lot, for your work Silver.

As a Frequent user of your app (I started reading almost more mangas than ebooks... xD)... Is there a way of open the combobox of images, from an image (lets say, the last one)?

When I finished a manga, I have to return to the home and then open de combox to select the next one... not a big deal, really, it's just an idea...

We're waiting for the next release...
Old 03-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #79
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You mean to have the "folder select menu" also while reading?

It's obviously possible, and I'm going to add this feature in the next release!

In next release, the "reading menu" will show 3 buttons:

- bookmarks menu: add and remove bookmark
- image menu: change brightness and contrast
- "standard menu": return to HOME, jump to image, open new folder, info (alert box saying which folder you are reading and at which page)

By now, I'm still fighting with the image processing.

If this will take long time, I'll release what I've done by now!

As regards the title bar: no solution yet....SORRY!
Old 03-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #80
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
what about adding support for more than one bookmark for each folders (also an editable label for each bookmarks)?
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #81
silver18
THE NOOB

What do you mean by "editable label for each bookmarks"?
Something like choosing the bookmark name?
Old 03-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #82
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
What do you mean by "editable label for each bookmarks"?
Something like choosing the bookmark name?
yes. I want to give a name to bookmark when I create it. this would be useful especially when more than one person read a comic or someone wants to mark some pictures in an album. (me, for example )
Old 03-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #83
canopus
canopus began at the beginning.

Quote:
You mean to have the "folder select menu" also while reading?

It's obviously possible, and I'm going to add this feature in the next release!

In next release, the "reading menu" will show 3 buttons:

- bookmarks menu: add and remove bookmark
- image menu: change brightness and contrast
- "standard menu": return to HOME, jump to image, open new folder, info (alert box saying which folder you are reading and at which page)

By now, I'm still fighting with the image processing.

If this will take long time, I'll release what I've done by now!

As regards the title bar: no solution yet....SORRY!
Wow, thanks for listen my wish...
And about new "info" option... very usefull !!!
I always forget which manga I was reading... :P
Old 03-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #84
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by canopus View Post
Wow, thanks for listen my wish...
And about new "info" option... very usefull !!!
I always forget which manga I was reading... :P
To be honest, I made it for me as I always forget which comic I have to open next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
yes. I want to give a name to bookmark when I create it. this would be useful especially when more than one person read a comic or someone wants to mark some pictures in an album. (me, for example )

Mmm...a bit tricky!
I use LocalStorage to store bookmarks and they are made by a key and a value:

key=folders name
value=page number

To add multiple bookmarks, I should create multiple LocalStorage entries with same key and different value.
By now, I don't know whether this is possible or not (plus I'm too tired to check it now! )
If it is possible, it should be easy to make the user choose which bookmark open.

As regards the editable bookmark label, I think it could be done by saving an object to LocalStorage.
But this is not possible unless I "stringify" the object (and this means parsing it to revert the operation).
This could also solve the multiple bookmark problem, though.

I'll check all these things asap!

Sorry for being so ignorant, but I never used HTML and Javascript before so I have to learn all these stuffs on the way!

Last edited by silver18; 03-21-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:23 AM   #85
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
As regards the editable bookmark label, I think it could be done by saving an object to LocalStorage.
But this is not possible unless I "stringify" the object (and this means parsing it to revert the operation).
This could also solve the multiple bookmark problem, though.
I'll check all these things asap!
Thanks anyway
Old 03-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #86
erez213
erez213 plays well with otherserez213 plays well with otherserez213 plays well with otherserez213 plays well with otherserez213 plays well with otherserez213 plays well with otherserez213 plays well with otherserez213 plays well with otherserez213 plays well with otherserez213 plays well with otherserez213 plays well with others

Quote:
Mmm...a bit tricky!
I use LocalStorage to store bookmarks and they are made by a key and a value:

key=folders name
value=page number

To add multiple bookmarks, I should create multiple LocalStorage entries with same key and different value.
By now, I don't know whether this is possible or not (plus I'm too tired to check it now! )
First of all I'd like to say I'm amazed of what you've done from my small little idea/app. Well done!
About the question above, maybe you can insert in value an array whice you'll convert to string using json, or csv like this:
Shouldn't be that hard, just use split and your'e good.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Missed the part where you said "This could also solve the multiple bookmark problem, though.". So I see you found a solution

Last edited by erez213; 03-22-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #87
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by erez213 View Post
First of all I'd like to say I'm amazed of what you've done from my small little idea/app. Well done!
About the question above, maybe you can insert in value an array whice you'll convert to string using json, or csv like this:
Shouldn't be that hard, just use split and your'e good.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Missed the part where you said "This could also solve the multiple bookmark problem, though.". So I see you found a solution
I'm happy to hear from you!!
I worked on this (and I'm still working) because I use it myself, so, basically, it's made for me!

You're right, that's the way I'm going to do. And editable labels are just one more entry of the array.
I'm still unsure what to use: array or object. Anyway, that's the way!

I'll try as soon as the University leaves me alone!
Old 03-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #88
silver18
THE NOOB

I added multiple bookmarks support.
I'm now working on the editable label for bookmarks!
Old 03-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #89
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
I added multiple bookmarks support.
I'm now working on the editable label for bookmarks!
Thanks
Old 03-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #90
Mastacheata
Mastacheata began at the beginning.

How are the Galleries ordered? It doesn't seem to be ordered Lexicographically.
  1. Scott Pilgrim 01 - Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life
  2. Scott Pilgrim 02 - Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
  3. Scott Pilgrim 03 - Scott Pilgrim And The Infinite Sadness
  4. Scott Pilgrim 04 - Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together
  5. Scott Pilgrim 05 - Scott Pilgrim vs. The Universe
  6. Scott Pilgrim 06 - Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour

That's the names of my folders, the ordering in the Image Gallery is like this:
  1. Scott Pilgrim 04 - Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together
  2. Scott Pilgrim 05 - Scott Pilgrim vs. The Universe
  3. Scott Pilgrim 06 - Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour
  4. Scott Pilgrim 01 - Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life
  5. Scott Pilgrim 02 - Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
  6. Scott Pilgrim 03 - Scott Pilgrim And The Infinite Sadness

Which is strange to say the least. It's not ordered by Last modified either as it seems.

Other than that, it's great to finally have something to read scanned comics on my Kindle Touch, thank you very much for your effort so far.
Closed Thread