Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #826
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Could that be a typo?
I.E: s/face/font/ in the correct place.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #827
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
lua config error: ./rendertext.lua:30: attempt to index local 'face' (a nil value)

think somehow my fonts it dont like? err or something? - nightly build, but the previous one had same error.
Thanks for reporting, seems that all of a sudden, KPV cannot register DroidSansFallbackFull.ttf anymore...

I have opened a new issue in the tracker.
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #828
rocknrolla
rocknrolla began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
can someone help me out?

The info on the github page says "Features included in released for the brand new KPV
Kindle Paperwhite support"

I dont quite get the meaning of this, but from the context (i.e. it says PW support exlcuded from nightly builds) I assume that this can be run on the PW.

But I dont know how to install it :S

All I can see in the instructions is, pressing key combinations, which my paperwhite doesnt have

Would be glad if someone could help
rocknrolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:22 AM   #829
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I think that's a bit mangled wording for now. We collect noteworthy items that will be included in the *upcoming* release on top of the Download page. As long as there's no download link above features mentioned there, there is no release build of them yet. I'm not sure if there are nightlies to test new features now.

So yes, there is a version that runs on KPW, but we're not yet at a release point.

The instructions will certainly need a big overhaul when KPW/KT/K4 support is in the release builds. We're going there steadily, but we're not quite there yet.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #830
rocknrolla
rocknrolla began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Oh, that clarifies a lot.

But I'm still really interested in the meaning of the above sentence.
What was it supposed to mean? Can you maybe tell me in german? Is kein Scherz ^^

"Beinhaltete Features in veröffentlicht für das brandneue KPV Kindle Paperwhite Support" o.O

Last edited by rocknrolla; 12-12-2012 at 09:48 AM.
rocknrolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #831
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I'm not so sure myself. I guess it's about the merger of the branches, so that the next release is probably expected to have K4/KT/KPW support. It's not my edit that introduced that sentence :-)
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #832
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
LOL, sorry for the confusion. I moved the new KPV stuff into a separate wiki page to avoid confusion.

Yeah, as hawhill said, there is no nightly build for the new version right now, because it is still not stable enough and lacks many basic features.

@twobob
Patch for the font bug has been merged into master, the next nightly build should work for you now
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:30 AM   #833
vdp
Enthusiast
vdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle DXG
Hi everyone,
at the moment I am a happy user of a relatively old version of the viewer(released around 1st of April this year). During the summer I've tried the then current version of the software, and while I liked the improvements, there was an annoying rendering bug. I must admit that I was lazy and didn't file a bug report, because I figured the bug is due to switching to a new version of muPDF or something like that, and is so obvious that the developers will quickly notice or at least someone else will report it . So I kept using the old version, that was good enough for my purposes. Two or so weeks ago I decided to try the newest version of the reader, and it's great, but unfortunately the bug was still there. The problem is that when I press the 5-way, and then scroll down(again using the 5-way) one visible page chunk at the time, part of the text is rendered as gray instead of black (see the attached screenshot). This happens with every PDF file I tried, both in landscape and portrait mode.

Does someone know if this is a known problem and how it can be fixed? My device is KDXG.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kpdf-render-bug.jpeg
Views:	268
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	97711  
vdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:43 AM   #834
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
@vdp
It's not a bug, it's a feature . It's called "overlap". You can turn it off by pressing O. You can also try my fork of KPV, called Librerator - it has overlap off by default. It also has some other changes which I like to call "improvements" .

Last edited by Kai771; 12-15-2012 at 04:52 AM.
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:40 AM   #835
vdp
Enthusiast
vdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle DXG
Hah, I guess I am not following KPV's development closely enough . Thank you!

Speaking about features, there is something I was thinking about lately...
As someone who reads mostly technical books, sometimes I wish there was a fast way to switch between a set of books. For example you may want to learn some technology and you have several books that cover it from slightly different angles, or you may read about a math-heavy subject and want to jump from time to time to a math book to refresh or acquire some background etc. Now, I realize that the specs of the current readers probably wouldn't allow multiple books to fit into device's RAM. On the other hand most .pdf files are loading fast enough, so maybe if there are shortcuts to switch between collections of books that will be good enough... Say alt-N to switch to book at slot N and alt-0 to interactively select from a list of books. For this to work seemlessly I think it will require a way to save the entire current state of each open book, including the exact position, zoom level etc(I think KPV is not quite there yet). Taking the idea one step further there may be a special "collection" file format, pointing to each book and recording the current open book, so that there will be a way to open entire an entire collection at once.
Don't know if others will find this useful - just an idea I wanted to share...
Or maybe there is already shortcut for this too ?
vdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:03 AM   #836
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
@vdp
This is not exactly what you want, but you might find it helpful:

1. open first book. Close it.
2. open second book. Close it.
(repeat for the number of books you want)
3. in file chooser, press L. This will open a list of books that you opened recently. If you use that list to open a book, closing a book will return to that list, so it should be fairly easy to switch between them. KPV doesn't save full state of the book on closing, so it won't be exactly as you left it, but with a few keypresses more you'll get there .

Alternatively, you can copy all the books you want to quick reference to the same dir. (that is, use directories instead of collections. I wish amazon used this too )

Last edited by Kai771; 12-15-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #837
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
LOL, sorry for the confusion. I moved the new KPV stuff into a separate wiki page to avoid confusion.

Yeah, as hawhill said, there is no nightly build for the new version right now, because it is still not stable enough and lacks many basic features.

@twobob
Patch for the font bug has been merged into master, the next nightly build should work for you now
Okay - so I tried to be helpful and test this from source.

However make thirdparty now dies near the end.

Quote:
In file included from /opt/x-tools-glib2.5/arm-kindle-linux-gnueabi/bin/../arm-kindle-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/math.h:71,
from willuslib/bmp.c:28:
/opt/x-tools-glib2.5/arm-kindle-linux-gnueabi/bin/../arm-kindle-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/bits/mathcalls.h:82: error: expected identifier or '(' before '{' token
make[1]: *** [willuslib/bmp.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/me/GIT/kindlepdfviewer/libk2pdfopt'
make: *** [libs/libk2pdfopt.so.1] Error 2

DOH!!! Next Toolchain then... will retest.

That was the x-tools-glibc2.5-gcc4.2.4 toolset dying.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #838
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What does that gcc command line look like?
Does it include any "treat warnings as errors" flags?
Can you pass it some flags to make be a bit less picky about the syntax?
Old 12-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #839
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
err.. umm.. did I screw up?

CS TC 2007q3. Same error? Nah surely not.

Quote:
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -O2 -ffast-math -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -march=armv6j -mtune=arm1136jf-s -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=softfp -marm -fno-stack-protector -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -fno-finite-math-only -O3 -c -Iinclude_mod -Iwilluslib -Ik2pdfoptlib -o willuslib/bmp.o willuslib/bmp.c
In file included from /opt/arm-2007q3/bin/../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc/usr/include/math.h:71,
from willuslib/bmp.c:28:
/opt/arm-2007q3/bin/../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc/usr/include/bits/mathcalls.h:82: error: expected identifier or '(' before '{' token
make[1]: *** [willuslib/bmp.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/me/GIT/kindlepdfviewer/libk2pdfopt'
make: *** [libs/libk2pdfopt.so.1] Error 2
will go sift through the makefile
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #840
knc1
Going Viral

That looks reasonable to me.
You might learn more reading the on-line docs for that compiler version -
Check what changes where made to the default flags.

In general, the gcc authors have been tightening up the syntax checking and some of the flags (which are not in your command line) may have changed their defaults for ARM

Link to the on-line documents in our "Prefix: Tools" page, near the bottom.