Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #151
strellson
strellson began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor
I have put a piece of paper over the sensor - it seems to get through the paper, because the problem was still there.
It is a very negative outcome, if it's impossible to neutralize the effect of the too sensitive IR sensor by obscuring it physically in any way.

I was hoping that obscuring it by a shield, it would have been bypassed the problem, operative system permitting.

Booxtor, thanks for trying, thanks for helping.

Now it is the duty of Onyx to make light of that or to sell the device without improper functioning.

Please, could the European distributor contact Onyx on this matter definitively and officially?

The following statement is not enough:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Europe
Hopefully it is a software problem and can be solved really quick so we can ship them to our customers!
Thanks for updating
strellson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #152
sammy
Connoisseur
sammy began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS 700 entourage edge PB 360 PB603 Kindle DXG Onyx Boox M92
all sounds strange
sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 07:55 AM   #153
OphReader
Connoisseur
OphReader began at the beginning.

Device: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I am installing the new firmware right now to my M90 and am very curios if the IR sensor problem was solved
Hm, I'm very curious myself (I hope you don't mind), did you experience any changings?
OphReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #154
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by OphReader View Post
Hm, I'm very curious myself (I hope you don't mind), did you experience any changings?
Not much

It is still very unstable. The only changing I could see is that the problem with WiFi was solved and it works now.

Right now I am working on the new video. I am sorry if I bust with it some expectations and hopes. But I think you shall know, that the new Boox at the moment is not as finished as it should be.

The only one thing that works correctly is plain reading of epub or fb2 books. All the other features are not really usable at the moment.

Talking from my experience with the M90 one of the biggest problem is the design of the controls. All the controls should be moved to the top margin.

If you hold the Reader in your hands or are trying to write on the screen with the stylus it happens very often, that you accidently cause actions, that you did not meant to do (either left hand or the wrist of the right hand touching permanently the very sensitive controls on the margins of the reader..)

Second problem with the design - there is no retaining fixture on the device for the stylus. Thus it is very simple to lose the stylus.

Third problem (imho) - the margins of the device are too reflective. The light sources are mirroring in it and it is quite disturbing. Besides you can see your fingerprints on it all the time. It should be made of matt material.

Is it not too late to change the design?
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #155
OphReader
Connoisseur

Thank you for the info! I think I will cancel my order then.
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #156
strellson
strellson began at the beginning.

Device: none

Warning

RED FLAG: avoiding to clarify and starting to ship the pre-orders anyway

(M91s on 06/10/11 and m90 on middle of June)
strellson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #157
OphReader
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by strellson View Post

Warning

RED FLAG: avoiding to clarify and starting to ship the pre-orders anyway

(M91s on 06/10/11 and m90 on middle of June)
Warning? Red Flag? Avoiding to clarify?
Old 06-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #158
broch
broch began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M90
Quote:
Originally Posted by strellson View Post
It is a very negative outcome, if it's impossible to neutralize the effect of the too sensitive IR sensor by obscuring it physically in any way.

I was hoping that obscuring it by a shield, it would have been bypassed the problem, operative system permitting.
A piece of paper is not very good at blocking infrared....try tinfoil instead
broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #159
broch
broch began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M90
If the capacitative buttons are too sensitive try to put a piece of tape on them. Just an idea.
broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:24 AM   #160
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
Guys, please don't make any assumptions before there is any official news!
We are in direct contact with the engineers of Onyx International and they are working really hard to solve this problem.
When we have any news I'll share it on mobileread.
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #161
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
I have my eye on the M91S, who is the U.S. distributor for them?
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:09 AM   #162
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
Our team has been working with the engineer of the IR sensor supplier through the weekend till today, and they have made a firmware update version for the IR issue.
We are going to test it ASAP!
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #163
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Europe View Post
Our team has been working with the engineer of the IR sensor supplier through the weekend till today, and they have made a firmware update version for the IR issue.
That is good news, I hope it rectifies the issue. I really want an M91S for reading PDF files.
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #164
ismaelndes
ismaelndes began at the beginning.

Device: Papyre
Unhappy When is expected the delivery of Onyx M90?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Europe View Post
Quite sad that after more than a month of delay the best deadline we can get is "ASAP"

Could the company indicate any more precise (days, weeks, months, years)?
ismaelndes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #165
Thierry.C
Connoisseur
Thierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura about

Device: none yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ismaelndes View Post
Quite sad that after more than a month of delay the best deadline we can get is "ASAP"

Could the company indicate any more precise (days, weeks, months, years)?
I would advise any company not to indicate any release date...
Actually, I changed my mind recently on that subject because of reading again and again complaints about the delays.
If you look at big companies like Sony, Apple or the like, you will see that they usually make announcement of the release date when their products is "ready-to-sell".

Last edited by Thierry.C; 06-15-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Thierry.C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx boox, onyx boox m90