Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #16
Bonex
Connoisseur
Bonex began at the beginning.

Device: KDXG, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD
What a bad surprise!
After returning to the old 2.0.3 most of the original ABBYY dictionaries does not work anymore! The dictionary app complains that there's no license file for them!!
Bonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #17
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
Yes, I've mentioned it in the German thread yesterday.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=125388

even on the 2.0.5 firmware some abbyy dictionaries don't work anymore.

The big question: is it a bug of the new firmware or is it actually that we never had a licence but that it was only a trial version of the dictionaries. I think that would be very much in disagreement with the promotion of the device.
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2011, 10:26 PM   #18
sarkash
Enthusiast
sarkash has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PB 902
bah i went back to 2.04 and except 1 or 2 most dictionaries don't work anymore
so then went back to 2.0.3 and still the same behavior...
sarkash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:55 AM   #19
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
I would try a total cleanup/format/reset of the device before giving up, a firmware flash does not get rid of all customizations and its possible that created some conflicts for the dictionaries.

Did anyone else notice that after you disconnect from 'PC Link' mode where there small icon of circling arrows (not the big one that shows during but after) there is now what seems to be a corrupt icon of broken arrows ?
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:54 AM   #20
darknessEC
Enthusiast
darknessEC doesn't litterdarknessEC doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
Did anyone else notice that after you disconnect from 'PC Link' mode where there small icon of circling arrows (not the big one that shows during but after) there is now what seems to be a corrupt icon of broken arrows ?
Yes, I see the same thing
darknessEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2011, 04:12 AM   #21
OphReader
Connoisseur
OphReader began at the beginning.

Device: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessEC View Post
Yes, I see the same thing
Yeah, me too. It seems the "developers" have not tested their own firmware for one_single_time. It's embarrassing

What kind of amateurish, BS company is PB?!
OphReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:51 AM   #22
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by osowiecki View Post
Editing image notes works really slow on my device.
fw 2.0.5
actually it seems to be working fine (I mean normal speed) on my PB903 - I will test it more tonight, but for the little I saw it was doing good. I do have the 2.0.5 of March 11 (i.e. the "fake" 2.0.6 upgrade).

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.
same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by review
even on the 2.0.5 firmware some abbyy dictionaries don't work anymore.

The big question: is it a bug of the new firmware or is it actually that we never had a licence but that it was only a trial version of the dictionaries. I think that would be very much in disagreement with the promotion of the device.
I agree that this would really be bad. At any rate, bear in mind we do have quite a few legit dictionaries available as discussed here.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:20 AM   #23
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
I agree that this would really be bad. At any rate, bear in mind we do have quite a few legit dictionaries available as discussed here.
Still it would be very very bad when you're sold a unit with 'x software product' and suddenly a license expires.

Did anyone test to see if it still deletes the 'games' folder on sight ? it still does that over here.

Also what is the deal with the led indicator light, I can get behind "ok we do things differently and now its blinking amber for charging and steady amber for charged"
but why do we need the green light on whenever we press a key or move the device ?
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #24
Bonex
Connoisseur
Bonex began at the beginning.

Device: KDXG, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD
Dammit! They need to fix this mess ASAP! No, now! What the hell are they doing? Every new release is worse.
Today I ordered a KDXG and I have just now realized that this mess undervalues the PB reader! If I decide to sell the 902, what do I tell the buyer? "Well, unless they fix their firmware, you can search Google and you'll find some obscure russian site where you can download other dictionaries and convert them..."

Unbelievable.
Bonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #25
onesome
Connoisseur
onesome began at the beginning.

Device: GalaxyTab 10.1
I've updated to 2.0.5 only to find that I can't bold my books in fb2 format /Cyrillic/. Given the mediocre screen quality this is my only option to get decent reading experience. Now I'm back on 2.0.4 but PB won't stop amaze me. I'll keep my finger crossed for new 9,7 " readers to come on market. Once I'm in position to get some other device I really doubt I'll go back to PB again. Actually with such a policy and coming strong competition I can't see PB to hang on to e-book market.
onesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #26
JayHage
JayHage began at the beginning.

Device: PB 603
Wifi Hotspot connection not possible. Bug, Feature or User stupidity?

Hi dears,
I'd like to use the JoikuSpot Premium to utilise my phone as a Wifi hotspot to be connected to Internet wherever I am.

Even it works fine with my laptop on MS Windows 7 I can't use it on PB603, unfortunately.
- I have chosen "no encryption" on both PB603 and phone
- The "network SSID" is visible and can be chosen on PB603 then
- but the "connection test" fails saying "network error"
- and there is "just" following "error log" shown in "error details" :
- /sbin/ifconfig eth0 up
ifconfig: SI0CGIFFLAGS: no such device

Have somebody experienced such an issue and is able to give any hint?
It would be useful to utilise mobile phone internet wherever you are not having to jogling with simcards, wouldn't be?

It fails with both 2.0.4 and 2.0.5 firmware...
I can easily connect my PB603 to Wifi through my Belkin router at home...

Regards, Jay
JayHage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #27
cipri
Banned
cipri is on a distinguished road

Device: PB 903
JayHage, you should conntact the support team. It's their job to help you, I'm sure they are a lot more competent. You can ask to get contact to a pocketbook developer.
Ok, i was kidding, but you could try
cipri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:09 AM   #28
JayHage

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipri View Post
JayHage, you should conntact the support team. It's their job to help you, I'm sure they are a lot more competent. You can ask to get contact to a pocketbook developer.
Ok, i was kidding, but you could try
Good point Cipri, I did contact the support, but there is no any response since Wed last week even not from that developer
Old 03-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #29
LoneTech
Zealot
LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
My guess is they don't support ad-hoc networks like joikuspot creates. Not that it can't do it, just lacking UI as usual. Alternatively they're doing a silly network test, which won't work because of joikuspot's other limitations (like http over port 80 only in lite version, and the first page is an ad). And the dictionary broke for me too.. looks like DRM working as designed, pissing off legitimate customers by getting in the way.
LoneTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:07 AM   #30
JayHage

It sounds depressive a bit