Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 04-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
gavinjb
Connoisseur
gavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle
Chapters when using MobiPocket Creator

Hi,

I am trying to create a couple of books with MobiPocket Creator and so far have most of it working including creating a TOC (all my chapters have <h1> tags around them), but I can't work out what I need to do so that when I use the left and right buttons on the 5 way pad it moves to the previous/next chapter.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Gavin,
gavinjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
but I can't work out what I need to do so that when I use the left and right buttons on the 5 way pad it moves to the previous/next chapter.
That functionality is provided by the NCX file. I have no idea how to incorporate an existing NCX file into a MOBI built using MPC, though. Hopefully someone else will chime in who does.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2012, 01:49 AM   #3
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
I have found answers to many 'how to's by copy-paste-edit.
Find a book that has what you need, crack it open (Calibre plugin or mobiunpack) and look for ncx or filename. If you understand how it works then you can paste & edit right places in your own file. Theoretically.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:48 AM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
I have found answers to many 'how to's by copy-paste-edit.
Find a book that has what you need, crack it open (Calibre plugin or mobiunpack) and look for ncx or filename. If you understand how it works then you can paste & edit right places in your own file. Theoretically.
IMHO, it would be much easier, if the OP simply added all .html files to a new Sigil project and have Sigil generate a TOC, which will automatically generate an .ncx file.

The workflow would be as follows:
1. Add .html files to new Sigil project
2. Select the files in the Book Browser and sort them automatically by name or manually re-arrange them
3. Right-click the cover page/image, the TOC and the first page of the book; select Add Semantics > Cover/Table Of Contents/Text to add the missing guide items.
4. Press F8 to add metadata
5. Click the green checkmark to check the ePub
6. Save the ePub and compile it with KindleGen or Kindle Previewer

BTW, since MobiPocket Creator won't be updated it might be easier to start new .mobi projects in Sigl anyway.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote