Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #1
Rolzup
Rolzup began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo Library Problem

I'm having a really weird Kobo Wireless issue, and I'm hoping that someone might give me a clue as to what I can do to fix it.

Everything in my library -- including books that have been in the Kobo's memory for well over a year now -- is now showing up as "New". And the book that I'm currently reading isn't being remembered. I've got to go through the library to find it and re-open it every time...the page number, at least, is being maintained.

It's deeply annoying. The only thing that I can think of that might have caused this was my bulk deleting some of the loaded books through Calibre last week. I don't see any reason *why* that would have done this, but it's the only thing that I've done that was out of the ordinary with it.

Any idea as to how I can fix this? My wife's Kobo is working fine, so I can always copy any of the device files from her's and put them on mine -- I had to do this once before, although I can't remember the reason at this point. If I do this, though, which files should I copy?
Rolzup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
This sounds likes a corrupted database on the Kobo; only way to fix that is a factory reset and then reload books.

However before trying that have you verified that the time and date are correct on the Kobo?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
This sounds likes a corrupted database on the Kobo; only way to fix that is a factory reset and then reload books.

However before trying that have you verified that the time and date are correct on the Kobo?
Although I tend to agree with your diagnosis, I would suggest before going for a factory reset, trying the log out and log back in approach. That way, you don't lose everything on the reader. If it doesn't work, you can still do a factory reset.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What do you have "Metadata management" set to on the "Sending books to devices" page of the calibre preferences? It sounds like you have it set to automatic. Using automatic, the current driver will reset the reading status of all books except the ones with the tags "Im_Reading", "Read" or "Closed". And it will reset the shortlist unless the book has the tag "Shortlist". If you don't want this to happen, change this option to "manual".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
Rolzup
Rolzup began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post

As it happens, I was JUST discovering that it wasn't. At all. It was set to February 2010. Fixing that has got the current book working fine, and after restarting and re-syncing....

That fixed it. I wonder what reset the date?

Many thanks! I was desperately trying to figure out how to afford a replacement.....
Rolzup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogle View Post
Although I tend to agree with your diagnosis, I would suggest before going for a factory reset, trying the log out and log back in approach. That way, you don't lose everything on the reader. If it doesn't work, you can still do a factory reset.
On the WiFi that is not an option.....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote