Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-21-2018, 01:12 PM   #16
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
My momma and grandmother taught me that politeness is manditory.
Touché! Good on your momma and grandmother; so it ought to be.

Spelling also is important.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:42 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza_Cant_Read View Post
I have barely been here a year but it wasn't too long after I joined when I saw someone censored for mentioning the name of a DRM removal tool. Nice to see that Github which has more to lose feels safe enough hosting such tools. They are a strong player in the software world and can serve as a canary in the coal mine..
As long as it can be argued the tools have legitimate uses such as allowing a user to make backups of purchased books. Asides, Github's owners have deeper pockets than MobileRead's owner.

Why does get immediate and negative attention are messages with content such as "I want to remove DRM from my Kindle Unlimited books".

I'm just happy that I don't own a Kindle since my personal belief is that removing DRM from library books is not a legitimate use of DRM removal tools but the local library system does not support borrowing Amazon format ebooks.

Last edited by DNSB; 11-21-2018 at 02:44 PM. Reason: fat fingered typos that reverse a message's meaning...
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert