Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-05-2013, 05:47 AM   #76
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
That's quite strange, I just tested xor_ launcher and after a reboot I get back to the home screen. Right now I'm working to port Tweaks in order to avoid this mess. Ken I'd say in order to go back to use the nickel software you should read the internal partitions from your pc, I think you already opened your device... and delete koreader launcher files. Just the png pointing downwards should be enough.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:52 AM   #77
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I Just did a Hard (two Button) Reset and hacked "user" in the data base and sideloaded the latest FW, giving me a "new" condition to try things over. Right now it is processing the external SD card with ~8000 files. (It looks to be stopped at 85%, was that where it used to stop before? I can't be sure.) KoReader had all the 8000 ready to read in seconds.

I wonder is the File Manager able to navigate to as much with other people's KoReader installations? The ones that a reset or poweroff gets them back to the Kobo Home page?

Luck;
Ken

Funny, I'm usually the guy who has no problems, with this sort of thing. I wonder what I could have done different?

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-05-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #78
cgm999
Enthusiast
cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.

Device: kobo
I've got some success getting Light and power buttons working on koreader/Aura but need a little more work before posting patch/scripts
cgm999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #79
fred01
fred01 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
I'm trying out koreader_old on a kobo mini running 2.5.2 and I can't get it to open cbz archives (it just reboots after a couple of seconds), is that a known issue? Does koreader save any kind of log I can use to gain some insight into the matter? Would I be better off upgrading to 2.6.1 and the latest koreader build? (I briefly tried that solution, but couldn't get to launch koreader)
Thanks in advance and keep up the good work
fred01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #80
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
I've never tried cbz, I'll test them soon though. You can check the file /mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/crash.log (or something like that)
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #81
javakun
javakun began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
My device is Kobo touch,v2.6.1.

When I the FileManager show,click on the touch screen can not correct position.
It's there anyone like this ? How to resolve it ?
javakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #82
BWinmill
Nameless Being

I was poking around the koreader source code, and was pleased to discover that it does consider the screen's DPI (at least for the UI elements).

A temporary fix for Aura HD users:

koreader/frontend/ui/screen.lua

Then replace the following line:

return Device:getModel() == "KindlePaperWhite" and 212 or 167

With:

--[[ return Device:getModel() == "KindlePaperWhite" and 212 or 167 ]]--
return 265

A proper fix would be more convoluted.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #83
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
No way of using the existing /bin/kobo_config.sh to return the Kobo model info via Device:getModel() ?

Ah... I see all they are doing currently is looking for the presence of that file to set a flag kg_test_fd if that script exists.

Presumably some code similar to the lines
Code:
local std_out = io.popen("grep 'MX' /proc/cpuinfo | cut -d':' -f2 | awk {'print $2'}", "r")
local cpu_mod = std_out:read()
but to execute the script and return the model type

ie
Code:
elseif kg_test_fd then
    local std_out = io.popen("/bin/kobo_config.sh", "r")
    local kobo_model = std_out:read()
    self.model = kobo_model
Of course this would have the side effect of rather than using Kobo throughout for model, it would use trilogy / kraken / pixie / phoenix

Last edited by PeterT; 07-07-2013 at 12:00 AM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:05 AM   #84
muness
muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Aura HD, Story HD, Sony PRS-350 (previous: Kindle Keyboard, PRS-505)
I have an Aura HD running 2.6.1 and did the following to install KoboLauncher and koreader:
  • Installed koreader-v2013.03-266-g4f36cd2.zip from the first post in this thread.
  • Installed pbchess-1.2.5_kobo_new.zip as described on the pbchess wiki, including the launcher (which I ditched for the most part - see below).

Then I tweaked as follows:
  • To get koreader working without the screen artifacts and also get a reboot on pressing the -[X]- in the top right corner of FileManager, changed /mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/KoboLauncher.sh to read as follows:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    /mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/start.sh
    /mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/koreader_kobo.sh /mnt/onboard
  • To get better rendering of UI elements, I followed the advice in reply 82 adjusting the DPI in /mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/frontend/ui/screen.lua but used 212 instead of 265 which yields better results IMO.
  • Fixed usbnet by modifying /mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/start.sh as follows:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

root=/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet

insmod /drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko
    insmod /drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget/g_ether.ko

ifconfig usb0 192.168.2.101

$root/dropbear -E -r $root/host.key.rsa -d $root/host.key.dss > $root/dropbear.log 2>&1

I also noticed that the light and brightness setting don't get lost when launching koreader, so I turn on the light, adjust brightness then launch koreader.

Also, one thing that took me a while to figure is how to use koreader: pressing at the very top of a page, brings up the menu. Pressing at the very bottom brings up page, margin, line spacing and font size settings. A page setting of "scroll" gets rid of the progress bar at the top finally giving us full screen reading on the Aura.

So cool - thank you, thank you!

Light control seems to be the main missing feature to me, or at least a way for night mode to persist when koreader is launched.

Along the way, I tried _xor's kore-launcher.zip (on 2.5.2), but it meant that the Aura HD would boot straight into koreader, so I couldn't connect to it any more. (I ended up doing a factory reset to get out of loop).

Last edited by muness; 07-07-2013 at 03:21 AM. Reason: more details, remove redundant code
muness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:20 AM   #85
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by muness View Post
A page setting of "scroll" gets rid of the progress bar at the top finally giving us full screen reading on the Aura.
No need for that. After the first start, KoReader generates a CR3.ini file located at /koreader/data. The ini-file gives you some configuration options, e.g. not showing the status bar or toggle clock, page numbers etc.
Getting rid of the status bar this way, still lets you flip the pages with a tap instead of scrolling, which sooner or later will mess your lines up.

This is mine showing only the status bar with clock and page numbers:
(look at window.status at the bottom)

Code:
background.color.default=0x00FFFFFF
cr3.file.props.font.size=22
crengine.autosave.bookmarks=1
crengine.bookmarks.icons=0
crengine.cache.filesize.min=300000
crengine.cache.forced.filesize.min=65536
crengine.display.full.update.interval=1
crengine.display.inverse=0
crengine.display.turbo.update=0
crengine.doc.embedded.fonts.enabled=0
crengine.doc.embedded.styles.enabled=0
crengine.file.txt.preformatted=0
crengine.font.fallback.face=RockwellStd
crengine.font.size=33
crengine.footnotes=1
crengine.highlight.bookmarks=2
crengine.highlight.bookmarks.color.comment=#a08020
crengine.highlight.bookmarks.color.correction=#a04040
crengine.highlight.selection.color=#c0c0c0
crengine.hyphenation.directory=@algorithm
crengine.image.scaling.zoomin.block.mode=2
crengine.image.scaling.zoomin.block.scale=2
crengine.image.scaling.zoomin.inline.mode=2
crengine.image.scaling.zoomin.inline.scale=0
crengine.image.scaling.zoomout.block.mode=2
crengine.image.scaling.zoomout.block.scale=2
crengine.image.scaling.zoomout.inline.mode=2
crengine.image.scaling.zoomout.inline.scale=0
crengine.interline.space=100
crengine.page.header.chapter.marks=1
crengine.page.header.font.color=0xFF000000
crengine.page.header.font.face=Arial Narrow, Arial, DejaVu Sans
crengine.page.header.font.size=25
crengine.page.margin.bottom=8
crengine.page.margin.left=35
crengine.page.margin.right=35
crengine.page.margin.top=8
crengine.page.view.mode=1
crengine.progress.show.first.page=1
crengine.style.floating.punctuation.enabled=1
crengine.style.space.condensing.percent=50
font.antialiasing.mode=2
font.color.default=0x00000000
font.face.default=FreeSans
font.face.weight.embolden=0
font.gamma=1.00
font.hinting.mode=0
font.kerning.enabled=0
styles.annotation.align=text-align: justify
styles.annotation.font-size=font-size: 90%
styles.annotation.font-style=font-style: italic
styles.annotation.margin-left=margin-left: 1em
styles.annotation.margin-right=margin-right: 1em
styles.annotation.text-indent=text-indent: 1.2em
styles.cite.align=text-align: justify
styles.cite.font-style=font-style: italic
styles.cite.margin-bottom=margin-bottom: 0.3em
styles.cite.margin-left=margin-left: 1em
styles.cite.margin-right=margin-right: 1em
styles.cite.margin-top=margin-top: 0.3em
styles.cite.text-indent=text-indent: 1.2em
styles.def.align=text-align: justify
styles.def.margin-bottom=margin-bottom: 0em
styles.def.margin-left=margin-left: 0em
styles.def.margin-right=margin-right: 0em
styles.def.margin-top=margin-top: 0em
styles.def.text-indent=text-indent: 1.2em
styles.epigraph.align=text-align: left
styles.epigraph.font-style=font-style: italic
styles.epigraph.margin-bottom=margin-bottom: 0.3em
styles.epigraph.margin-left=margin-left: 15%
styles.epigraph.margin-right=margin-right: 1em
styles.epigraph.margin-top=margin-top: 0.3em
styles.epigraph.text-indent=text-indent: 1.2em
styles.footnote=font-size: 70%
styles.footnote-link.font-size=font-size: 70%
styles.footnote-link.vertical-align=vertical-align: super
styles.footnote-title=font-size: 110%
styles.link.text-decoration=text-decoration: underline
styles.poem.align=text-align: left
styles.poem.font-style=font-style: italic
styles.poem.margin-bottom=margin-bottom: 0.3em
styles.poem.margin-left=margin-left: 15%
styles.poem.margin-right=margin-right: 1em
styles.poem.margin-top=margin-top: 0.3em
styles.poem.text-indent=text-indent: 0em
styles.pre.align=text-align: left
styles.pre.font-face=font-family: "Courier New", "Courier", monospace
styles.pre.margin-bottom=margin-bottom: 0em
styles.pre.margin-left=margin-left: 1.3em
styles.pre.margin-right=margin-right: 1.3em
styles.pre.margin-top=margin-top: 0em
styles.pre.text-indent=text-indent: 0em
styles.subtitle.align=text-align: center
styles.subtitle.font-style=font-style: italic
styles.subtitle.margin-bottom=margin-bottom: 0.2em
styles.subtitle.margin-top=margin-top: 0.2em
styles.subtitle.text-indent=text-indent: 0em
styles.text-author.font-style=font-style: italic
styles.text-author.font-weight=font-weight: bolder
styles.text-author.margin-left=margin-left: 1em
styles.title.align=text-align: center
styles.title.font-size=font-size: 110%
styles.title.font-weight=font-weight: bolder
styles.title.margin-bottom=margin-bottom: 1.0em
styles.title.margin-left=margin-left: 1.5em
styles.title.margin-right=margin-right: 1.5em
styles.title.margin-top=margin-top: 1.0em
styles.title.text-indent=text-indent: 0em
window.landscape.pages=1
window.rotate.angle=0
window.status.battery=0
window.status.battery.percent=1
window.status.clock=1
window.status.line=0
window.status.pos.page.count=1
window.status.pos.page.number=1
window.status.pos.percent=0
window.status.title=0
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:31 AM   #86
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
nice tip
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:30 AM   #87
xor_
Zealot
xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
I've made a tiny change to the launcher startup script in /etc/init.d/ that may fix the issue of booting directly into koreader.

If someone who had that problem could try and report back, that would be helpful.
Until then: be careful.

Also, could it be that people who had that issue didn't have Sergey's launcher installed at that time? (Shouldn't be necessary, but if that were the common denominator, that would confirm my hypothesis of what's going on).

Note: There's a report of it causing the startup to hang on the Aura. I haven't had any problem with it myself. So use discretion.

Last edited by xor_; 07-08-2013 at 02:40 PM. Reason: added warning. removed attachment.
xor_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:59 AM   #88
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Just tested: Opening /mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/data/cr3.ini and setting
Code:
crengine.display.inverse=0
to
Code:
crengine.display.inverse=1
inverts the screen to a nice nightreading mode. This only affects the book itself, not the menu or the file-manager.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #89
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Of course this would have the side effect of rather than using Kobo throughout for model, it would use trilogy / kraken / pixie / phoenix
A few of the existing modifications for Kobo devices may need to be cleaned up, but I don't see any negative consequences besides that. (After all, there are still Kindle-only checks in the code and the program still functions.)
Old 07-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #90
cgm999
Enthusiast
cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.

Device: kobo
suspend / frontlight working on Kobo (tested on aurahd , I would guess others also).
Frontlight can be choosed from the landscape menu bottom of page . also the light button should work (off/on)

Suspend button should work .

Also added option to run custom commands (bug icon).
device model is set based on /bin/kobo_config.sh (so Kobo_dragon for aurahd)

more info see README.txt from attached zip (you need also koreader-v2013.03-266-g4f36cd2.zip from this thread)

frontlight binary was used from some earlier thread .

toggleswitch.lua was ajusted , possible that will mess other devs with lower resolution (we could change it to be based on device model)

edit:
is not necessary to replace koreader-cgm/frontend/ui/readerui.lua
Attached Files
File Type: zip koreader-cgm.zip (26.0 KB, 570 views)

Last edited by cgm999; 07-07-2013 at 01:10 PM.
cgm999 is offline   Reply With Quote