Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #46
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Actually, it doesn't any more, it was a setting in my router that caused that... my local is now always http://192.168.1.118:8090 so it is the only "catalog" link I need.
The reason I like to do it this way is that I can "shop" amongst my books (I have been ereading for 4 years now and spent a fortune on books which I "re"read eventually...). You can browse the Calibre Library by Newest, Author, Title, Tags, Series etc. and get the cover and synopsis on your screen as well as the download button.
Great when you have a lot of books and can't be bothered to go upstairs to the computer...

Last edited by Cdesja5; 01-12-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #47
unifaerie
Enthusiast
unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kindle4, Nexus 7 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
You direct Aldiko to Calibre's server actually...Calibre server must be "on" to work.
Instructions here in post #9:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=155802
I have followed the instructions using my local IP - how do I now make the transfer from Calibre to Alkido? Should it be automatic?

Calibre server is set as "on"
unifaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #48
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

tap on your catalog link for Calibre and you should see several rows of choices if you have the right ip address: By Newest, by author etc.
Tap on your choice and you should see your Calibre listing of books with the cover art, title and author, tap on the book info and you will see the synopsis and a green download button. Tap that and the book downloads to your bookshelf.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 01-12-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #49
unifaerie
Enthusiast
unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My local IP only has 9 numbers: 192.168.1.67 (according to IP book) s0 my completed url reads http://192.168.1.67:8080/stanza

Aldiko now tries to make a link but states "Web page not available"

Guess I have done something wrong, eh!

Last edited by unifaerie; 01-12-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #50
Cdesja5
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifaerie View Post
My local IP only has 9 numbers: 192.168.1.67 (according to IP book) s0 my completed url reads http://192.168.1.67:8080/stanza

Aldiko now tries to make a link but states "Web page not available"

Guess I have done something wrong, eh!
Right, that's what it does when it doesn' t have the right ip address. Here is a web post that explains how to find it using a command prompt:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/micr...windows-7-cmd/

you could also eliminate the Stanza part, it appears to work without it.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 01-12-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:11 AM   #51
unifaerie
Enthusiast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Right, that's what it does when it doesn' t have the right ip address. Here is a web post that explains how to find it using a command prompt:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/micr...windows-7-cmd/

you could also eliminate the Stanza part, it appears to work without it.
THANK YOU : )

I should have remembered the cmd method of finding IP address lol.

Turns out address should have ended in 5 and not 7 as suggested by IP book.

I am well pleased now. You have been so patient too : )
Old 01-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #52
Cdesja5
Wizard

Enjoy! Have fun downloading! Bedtime for me...

Last edited by Cdesja5; 01-13-2012 at 12:24 AM.