Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
Price cut on the Sony PRS-700

I was just checking the Sony Style site to show a friend of mine what the reader looks like (I had forgotten mine at home) when I discover that the actual price went from $399 to $349.

I just thought people should know about this in case they were thinking about buying it but thought it too pricey.
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
excellent news !! hopefully we'll see much lower prices than that soon for *all* devices. thanks for the info !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
well its about time
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:20 PM   #4
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Amazing! 3 weeks after I get mine!
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphapheemail View Post
Amazing! 3 weeks after I get mine!
frustrating, isn't it. but you can just say it's proof of how cutting edge you are : you got it even before the price went down.
Advert
Old 03-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
Server
Anti-Narcissist
Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SØNY6
this was to be expected...

with new readers intering the market, it only
makes marketing sense!!

Server is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #7
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
frustrating, isn't it. but you can just say it's proof of how cutting edge you are : you got it even before the price went down.
Pretty much. I paid 50$ extra to get in 3 books worth of reading. It's ok, it's just that I knew it, as I was paying I told the cashier "Watch this thing go down to 300 in a couple of days. Hahahaha" He said. " No way it just came out"

Yea. No way.

Plus this means that they are coming out with a new brother of the PRS700 pretty soon!
Old 03-18-2009, 12:30 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Wow, you folks are silly. I paid over $2000 for a Core Duo laptop right when the new chips were released. 6 months later I bought my son a similar speced laptop with a Core 2 Duo for $800.

Prices on tech goes down... and tech gets better. That's just how it works.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:32 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Wow, you folks are silly. I paid over $2000 for a Core Duo laptop right when the new chips were released. 6 months later I bought my son a similar speced laptop with a Core 2 Duo for $800.

BOb
yep... that's how it happens. i saw a 2go usb flash drive advertised for 8€ the other day ; my first one was all of 512mo and cost me over 50€. i needed it right away so i couldn't wait but still, arg...
Old 03-18-2009, 12:35 PM   #10
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Server View Post
with new readers intering the market, it only
makes marketing sense!!

So what does this mean? That Fujitsu has it's own store you can only buy from like Kindle?
Old 03-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #11
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
We are women, and we like to feel like we get deals! Not viceversa!
But I do know that's the way tech goes. One day we'll be seeing electronic newspapers being sold at newstands for 50 cents while we walk our grand children and complain on how I paid 400 for a book reader 75 years ago.

The natural order of things...
Old 03-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphapheemail View Post
We are women, and we like to feel like we get deals! Not viceversa!
But I do know that's the way tech goes. One day we'll be seeing electronic newspapers being sold at newstands for 50 cents while we walk our grand children and complain on how I paid 400 for a book reader 75 years ago.

The natural order of things...
i hope we don't have to wait THAT long for prices to drop !!!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #13
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
mMMm... I wonder if this is going to affect the 505...
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
mMMm... I wonder if this is going to affect the 505...
not so far (i thought of that too, so i checked) but hopefully soon !
Old 03-18-2009, 01:29 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I think the price drop is to compete with the K2. And it's now cheaper then the K2. The K2 is $359.xx plus the cost of a cover. The 700 is $349.99 and you don't need to purchase a cover if you don't want.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote