Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #46
Amy_k
Zealot
Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Nexus 7
Beachy Romances for $2.99 at Google Play

Google

Some of the books seem more like Women's Fiction and others are more is that really a romance (ie. Snooki)?

The Prince of Tides - by Pat Conroy

Wake the Dawn: A Novel by Lauraine Snelling

Home Fires by Barbara Delinsky

A Hero to Come Home To - Marilyn Pappano

Call Me Irresistible: A Novel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Remember Summer by Elizabeth Lowell

The Beach House by Mary Alice Monroe

The Promise of Stardust by Priscille Sibley

Summer at Willow Lake by Susan Wiggs

A Shore Thing by Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi

Dream Lake - by Lisa Kleypas

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

Wish You Were Here by Stewart O'Nan

The Starter Wife by Gigi Levangie Grazer

Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler

Dare You To by Katie McGarry

All the Summer Girls: A Novel by Meg Donohue

Endless Summer: The Boys Next Door; Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols

Sand Castle Bay by Sherryl Woods

Another Summer by Georgia Bockoven

On the Island: A Novel by Tracey Garvis Graves

The Castaways: A Novel by Elin Hilderbrand

Sea Glass Island by Sherryl Woods

Big Sky Summer by Linda Lael Miller

Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews

It Had to Be You by Jill Shalvis

The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher

Sixteenth Summer by Michelle Dalton

Last Summer by Holly Chamberlin

Haven Creek by Rochelle Alers

The Last Summer (of You and Me) byAnn Brashares

When Summer Comes by Brenda Novak

A Summer in Sonoma by Robyn Carr

All Summer Long by Susan Mallery

One Summer by David Baldacci

The Forever Summer by Suzanne Macpherson

Cruel Summer by Alyson Noël

Those We Love Most by Lee Woodruff

Beach House: Issue 9 by Christie Ridgway

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

A Spear of Summer Grass by Deanna Raybourn

Tidal: A Novel Emily Snow

I'll probably pick up: Dare you To and On the Island

Maybes: It Had to Be You, Dream Lake, A Spear of Summer Grass (reviews in the blogosphere makes me wary about this one). I already have the earlier books of the Lucky Harbor and Friday Harbor series even though I haven't even started on them.
Amy_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #47
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
I have to say that I am not usually into the Romance Genre. I usually get more into Suspense/Thriller/Crime and horror, but I review this thread for my mother and stepmother.

Well thanks to my own misunderstanding of a June post I read the sample of Chasing Perfect by Susan Mallory [Mistakenly thought the her Fools Gold Series had something vaguely to do with the Movie Fool's Gold] and found it quiet interesting.

Then in looking for a copy at my local library (ebooks) I came across Pitch Black by Susan Crandall ($5.69 at Google Play) and read the sample to that before realizing that it too was a Romantic Suspense (so at least half way in my comfort zone). So I just wanted to say thanks to you bargain hunters and say 'keep em coming' - you're expanding my Horizons

Sorry if this is in the wrong place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post
Big name authors, under $4 bucks. One-click, click, click and click again

$3.25 - Redneck Romeo (Rough Riders 15) - Lorelie James -- Dalton's story and OH I CAN'T WAIT to fall into this one

$3.99 - It Had to Be You: Special Bonus Edition with free novel Blue Flame (Lucky Harbor #7) - Jill Shalvis -- sounds almost too good to be true...

$3.99 - Just One Kiss (Fool's Gold #9 or 10 or something - too many novellas to know for sure!) - Susan Mallery

$3.99 - Two of a Kind (Fool's Gold #10 or 11 or something ) - Susan Mallery

I also ran across these (and I hope it wasn't here and I'm repeating). My go-to genre, Romantic Suspense... They are couponable at Kobo and reasonably priced to begin with. Click if you like

$2.99 - Risking Trust (Private Protectors 1) -- Adrienne Giordano
$2.99 - Man Law (Private Protectors 2) -- Adrienne Giordano
$2.99 - A Just Deception (Private Protectors 3) -- Adrienne Giordano
$2.99 - Negotiating Point (Private Protectors 4) -- Adrienne Giordano
$2.99 - Relentless Pursuit (Private Protectors 5) -- Adrienne Giordano
$1.99 - Opposing Forces (Private Protectors 5) -- Adrienne Giordano
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #48
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
I have to say that I am not usually into the Romance Genre. I usually get more into Suspense/Thriller/Crime and horror, but I review this thread for my mother and stepmother.

Well thanks to my own misunderstanding of a June post I read the sample of Chasing Perfect by Susan Mallory [Mistakenly thought the her Fools Gold Series had something vaguely to do with the Movie Fool's Gold] and found it quiet interesting.

Then in looking for a copy at my local library (ebooks) I came across Pitch Black by Susan Crandall ($5.69 at Google Play) and read the sample to that before realizing that it too was a Romantic Suspense (so at least half way in my comfort zone). So I just wanted to say thanks to you bargain hunters and say 'keep em coming' - you're expanding my Horizons

Sorry if this is in the wrong place!
There are plenty of Romantic thrillers out there. Too scary for me but I do love normal romantic suspense. Karen Robards, Sharon Sala, Lisa Jackson, Linda Howard, Elizabeth Lowell and Iris Johansen are a few that come to mind that have switch over to Thriller romance. They call it romantic suspense but it's not the kind I enjoy personally.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #49
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
There are plenty of Romantic thrillers out there. Too scary for me but I do love normal romantic suspense. Karen Robards, Sharon Sala, Lisa Jackson, Linda Howard, Elizabeth Lowell and Iris Johansen are a few that come to mind that have switch over to Thriller romance. They call it romantic suspense but it's not the kind I enjoy personally.
Cool...i'll take a look

Thanks!
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #50
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Pretty sure I bought this for $.99 when I was in my "oh-it's-only-$.99-so-buy-it-because-I'm-saving-so-much-money" binge. But anyways, it's free now and no, I haven't read it yet! [LOL at myself because I'm happy I'm trying to be much more stringent now, hence why I have so many in my TBR pile!] Oh,and it's looking geo-restricted so make it shows as freebie b4 you click buy!

EDITED: Libraryaddict says it showing as full price so I'm not putting the link in. ERIQ shows it as a freebie so not sure what's going on, if you're interested please double check before you click!
Freebie: A Moment by Marie Hall

Last edited by Blue2u; 07-02-2013 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Not coming up as a freebie?
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #51
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Pretty sure I bought this for $.99 when I was in my "oh-it's-only-$.99-so-buy-it-because-I'm-saving-so-much-money" binge. But anyways, it's free now and no, I haven't read it yet! [LOL at myself because I'm happy I'm trying to be much more stringent now, hence why I have so many in my TBR pile!] Oh,and it's looking geo-restricted so make it shows as freebie b4 you click buy!
Freebie: A Moment by Marie Hall
Showing $3.99 for me.
library addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #52
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Showing $3.99 for me.
I thought it was geo-restricted which is why it's showing the price for me. I just checked ERIQ and it's showing it as free too. I guess I'll try to amend my initial post, sorry guys!

I just bought a $.99 Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey.

Blurb:A full-length new adult/adult crossover romance novel of 101,700 words. HEA ending, not part of a series. ***CONTENT WARNING: Due to adult sexual situations and language, this novel may not be appropriate for readers under 18.***

IT HAPPENED IN VEGAS. I can't be held responsible. Things that happen there are supposed to stay there, right? Right? Yeeeah. Not so much.

Andie's just days away from tying the knot, but there's just ooooone little glitch. Apparently, she's already married. Or someone with her name is married to a guy out in Oregon of all places, and the courthouse won't issue her a marriage license until it's all cleared up. Tripping her way through cow pies and country songs to meet up with a man who gets around places on horseback is her very last idea of how to have a good time, but if she's going to get married, make partner at the firm, and have two point five kids before she's thirty-five, she needs to get to the bottom of this snafu and fix it quick ... before her fiance finds out and everything she's been working toward goes up in flames.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #53
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy_k View Post
Beachy Romances for $2.99 at Google Play

I never even think of Google Play for books!

Can't pass even further price drop on It Had to Be You! (as per the author this is the start of a new series, as per the author, and you don't need to read the rest of the Lucky Harbor to read this one)
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #54
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, on sale for $.99 Ever Enough - Stacey Borel

and a freebie I grabbed [nice cover!] Eternity - TMonique Stephens
You think that's really her name or she just misspelled it when uploading her book and never notice?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #55
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
You think that's really her name or she just misspelled it when uploading her book and never notice?
Nope, that's here name. Interview with her here: http://calliehutton.com/?tag=tmonique-stevens

Ha - just noticed that her LAST name is spelled wrong in the blog tag.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #56
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Quote:
Yep you have them forever. I know it sounds too good to be true but you can download the whole catalog if you want there is no limit. The books are in epub and mobi format plus they are DRM free.
Usually 5 new books are released every week. I signed up when they had a promo going so mine is only $9.99 a month which is worth all the new titles I get each month.

Once you are no longer a member you wont be able to redownload anything so back up anything you grab!

That's exactly what I needed to know. I'm not sure I would find enough each month to justify $13... using my $2 average I like to stay under...but I bet over the long haul with the back catalog, I could easily get that average down!

I've been tempted since the last time you wrote about it... might have to take the plunge!
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #57
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

That's exactly what I needed to know. I'm not sure I would find enough each month to justify $13... using my $2 average I like to stay under...but I bet over the long haul with the back catalog, I could easily get that average down!

I've been tempted since the last time you wrote about it... might have to take the plunge!

One month download everything wait another 6 months and rejoin to grab what's new. I would do that if I had to pay $13 a month.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #58
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
One month download everything wait another 6 months and rejoin to grab what's new. I would do that if I had to pay $13 a month.
Sounds like a plan

Well, maybe. Don't know that'd I'd feel right doing that - maybe stay in a couple months, leave, come back.... plus I'm too impatient. Knowing there MIGHT be new releases that I MIGHT like would keep me in it (I'm such a sucker...)

Last edited by laurla; 07-02-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #59
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Sounds like a plan

Well, maybe. Don't know that'd I'd feel right doing that - maybe stay in a couple months, leave, come back.... plus I'm too impatient. Knowing there MIGHT be new releases that I MIGHT like would keep me in it (I'm such a sucker...)
The way I justify mine is the list price is $4.99 for each book. If I can find at least two books in the 15 to 20 books added each month I made my money back. If I find more then it's just makes it a better deal.

All stories are never before published. I do wish they would allow backlist titles but there is probably some legality they don't want to mess with.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #60
laurla
Addict

waaaayy off topic...
but I just have to say... I finally (at Mother's Day) got all of my ebooks backed up and run through calibre.... now with this buying spree I've been on lately (no thanks to all of you!!), I have a new crap TON of books piled up that I need to download and put through calibre and I soooo don't want to take the time. But... so many of the new titles I have are filling out series that I realllyyy want to read... Arrgghh! I'm such a mess.

Okay, got that off my chest Now I'm off to go calibre-ing maybe...