Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Videos are not in videos, wut?!?

Kinda silly. I moved over a couple of videos to try them out. M4v's converted using universal setting in handbrake. But they only show up in the gallery! Not under the videos "tab". Phewy!

Well at least I know they work. That's all that matters. Anyone know how they do get into the video "tab"? It's not critical. They are still there. But you know, it would be nice. Especially when I can just tell the kids to go to the video tab.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
I think the reasoning behind this is that the videos that they're expecting you are transferring are the home movies you took of your family vacation, not the movies you ripped from DVD or downloaded from the internet. That's my explanation for the idiocy of that move, anyway.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
I think the reasoning behind this is that the videos that they're expecting you are transferring are the home movies you took of your family vacation, not the movies you ripped from DVD or downloaded from the internet. That's my explanation for the idiocy of that move, anyway.
Well they wouldn't know the difference between the file I ripped from MY DVD & a home movie. I wonder if they reserve that tab for videos you've specifically bought from amazon.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Well they wouldn't know the difference between the file I ripped from MY DVD & a home movie. I wonder if they reserve that tab for videos you've specifically bought from amazon.
I believe so. The ones you purchased or rented.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #5
monkeyluis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I believe so. The ones you purchased or rented.
That's what I figured. Oh well. I'll do some research. Maybe if I change some metadata it will show up.
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #6
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Why bother? Isn't it just easier to use a 3rd party video app? So little of what I have is in the right format, it's hardly worth trying to figure out how to get the videos to appear under that tab, IMO.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #7
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Why bother? Isn't it just easier to use a 3rd party video app? So little of what I have is in the right format, it's hardly worth trying to figure out how to get the videos to appear under that tab, IMO.
Some of us have an inordinate desire to make things tidy and orderly. Plus there's a bit of geek satisfaction in just the doing.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #8
monkeyluis
Banned

Quote:
I said it doesn't matter. & a 3rd party app isn't needed. It works fine. Yes it would be nice & tidy & easier for the kids to find if I give it to them on a car trip. But I said its not big deal, just thought it was silly. Go read my initial post again.