Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 09-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
CeNedra72
CeNedra72 began at the beginning.

Device: iriver cover story
Iriver Story repair taken 6 Weeks

Hi all,

My hubs bought me a Cover Story in April, i had all the usual freezing problems with it but with resets etc it was always ok then 6 weeks ago it froze on power up and wouldn't reset.

After contacting Waterstones they sent it to be fixed, after 2 weeks i got a message that it had to go to Germany as it couldn't be fixed here and it should take 7-10 days. I speak to Waterstones weekly or twice weekly and the poor manager is as frustrated as me. he can't get hold of his contact and has no idea what's happening to my Story

Has this happened to anyone else? Do i have any rights as to how long i have to wait for a repair? I only had it 3 months and it's been back with them since 21st July.

This is really frustrating
CeNedra72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:16 AM   #2
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Check the purchase protection regulations in your country, CeNedra72. If you've only had it 3 months, in many countries you would be entitled to a replacement machine and no questions asked. It's only when the statutory guarantee period (NOT the manufacturer's stated guarantee period) runs out that you have to resort to having it repaired.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert