Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-31-2011, 08:24 AM   #1
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
KKCM

Why does it seem like KKCM is not being given the kudos it deserves? Here is a program that does what no other program available does. It lets you sort your Kindle books into collections on your PC, then sorts them onto your Kindle. I personally have wished for this since I bought my Kindle a year ago. But I didn't just wish. I corresponded with programmers who I thought might be interested, with some encouragement, to write a program to do this. People like Karen of Karen's tools. Never heard back from her, so I guess she wasn't interested. Wrote to Amazon on numerous occasions asking for a solution to the collection issue. I was told they didn't consider it a problem. The guy I talked with had ten books on his Kindle, so I guess he didn't have a problem with the lack of a program to sort his collections. Wrote several letters of encouragement to Adrian for his program. In his last letter to me, he said he was getting ready to release a new version. As far as I know, he has not released a new version yet.
People are always asking for a program to do what KKCM does. Now we have one. Why doesn't it have a sticky topic? Why aren't the people who are mods not talking about it and recommending it to other members?
I have no idea why this program doesn't seem to be a topic of interest, but I for one think it is wonderful and I use it three or four times a week. I had about given up on finding a program like this, and all I can say is, Thank you very much Frank for a much needed program that makes the Kindle owners lives a lot simpler and better.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordblacknail View Post
People are always asking for a program to do what KKCM does. Now we have one. Why doesn't it have a sticky topic? Why aren't the people who are mods not talking about it and recommending it to other members?
Because I haven't got the faintest idea what "KKCM" is, or what it does!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
cfo
Connoisseur
cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO, iPhone4
Kranf Kindle Collection Manager
cfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks for that. I must say, though, that I really disagree with the author's assertion that:

Quote:
Although there exists a "collection" system to re-group the books together, this system is so unfriendly that it's un-usable
I find it completely "usable", personally!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I've used the collection manager a few times before. It's a cool program, to say the least. I just overlook it anymore when I'm trying to think of useful ereader tools. More often than not, Calibre is the only one that comes to mind.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I suspect that many on this board are like me and pretty much have their collections set-up. I remember playing around with this when it first hit here and I found it to be pretty good.

But as of right now I pretty much just need to put one book into a collection when I get a new book. I really don't need all these tools around for that so I don't play with them much and I don't talk about them much.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:13 PM   #7
cfo
Connoisseur
cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I find the Kindle Collection system to be very simple to use and there is not much of a learning curve. It just sounds like he's trying to promote his product, especially since he has a paid version of KKCM. But, his claims are exaggerated, I think.

Last edited by cfo; 08-31-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: teh typ0
Old 09-01-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
To The Mods On This Forum

Do you really think you are helping the Kindle owners of this site by ignoring the KKCM? I can't see the problem, but I am sure interested in finding out what the problem is.

This program works great, it is free and I for one have looked for anything that would do this since I bought my Kindle last August a year ago.

In my humble opinion, there should be a sticky for this program.

I realize it is not my forum, I got that, but I just saw a post from a newbie asking for help with KCM which has not been updated in a long time. If there had been a sticky for KKCM, he would have seen it and not wondered where KCM was.

This is a very useful program and deserves our help to help our fellow members.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #9
Ron.
Evangelist
Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, LookBook, Nook Simple Touch
there are at least a half dozen kindle collection manages, stickies for all of them ? not very practical...
Ron. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #10
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Stickying every single little hack is rather unpractical. However, there is a sticky in the developer corner that lists them out.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #11
cfo
Connoisseur

No one is ignoring it. It's just that most have never heard of it.

I agree that a sticky isn't needed. You've been bumping up old KKCM threads and advertising for it pretty well already.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
What... there's another Kindle Collections hoobie-whatie?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #13
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo View Post
No one is ignoring it. It's just that most have never heard of it.

I agree that a sticky isn't needed. You've been bumping up old KKCM threads and advertising for it pretty well already.
Agreed. We only need one thread promoting this; not two: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=148364
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #14
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Because I haven't got the faintest idea what "KKCM" is, or what it does!
This is the first I ever heard of it, too!
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #15
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thanks for that. I must say, though, that I really disagree with the author's assertion that:

I find it completely "usable", personally!
I find the collections on the Kindle very "usable" as well.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote