Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-12-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!
penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.

Device: kindle 3 & sony daily prs950sc
Regex: File Renaming Pre-Import & Importing

**Note: If this thread interests you keep checking back I am going to keep updating it and adding to it. The last add will be in green. Red is for incompletes. Blue is for Donations. Last add - 6/14/2011 03:31:47 (UTC)

Here is some very useful regex for use with Flash Renamer Pre-Import to Calibre followed up by Calibre Import Scripts to be used after file clean up. Flash Renamer is the ultimate in renaming files quickly in bulk. These can be used with other bulk renaming software as well but you might have to tweek. I am going to continue to add and edit this thread until it consists of a fairly large library of scripts for file renaming and calibre to assist people trying to import/convert large collections of books to/in calibre.

RegEx for use in Flash Renamer or other Bulk File Renamer

INFO====>Swap Lastname, Firstname if in front of a title or series preceding a dash(-)
EXAMPLE=>Martin, George RR - Ice & Fire 01 - Game of Thrones.epub
RESULT==>George RR Martin - Ice & Fire 01 - Game of Thrones.epub
FIND====>^(\w+), *([\w \.]+)[ ]+-[ ]*(.*)
REPLACE=>$2 $1 - $3
OR======>Depending on what program your using
REPLACE=>\2 \1 - \3

INFO====>Swap Lastname, Firstname & Lastname, Firstname when in front of a dash (-)
EXAMPLE=>Martin, George RR & Kirk, James T - Ice & Fire 01 - Game of Thrones.epub
RESULT==>George RR Martin & James T Kirk - Ice & Fire 01 - Game of Thrones.epub
FIND====>([^,]*), ([^&]*)& ([^,]*),([^-]*)-
REPLACE=>$2$1 &$4$3 -

INFO====>Swap Lastname, Firstname and Lastname, Firstname when in front of a dash (-)
EXAMPLE=>Martin, George RR and Kirk, James T - Ice & Fire 01 - Game of Thrones.epub
RESULT==>George RR Martin & James T Kirk - Ice & Fire 01 - Game of Thrones.epub
FIND====>([^,]*), ([^&]*)and ([^,]*),([^-]*)-
REPLACE=>$2$1 &$4$3 -

INFO====>Title - Author Swap
EXAMPLE=>Game of Thrones - George RR Martin.epub
RESULT==>George RR Martin - Game of Thrones.epub
FIND====>(.*) - (.*)
REPLACE=>$2 - $1
NOTE===>Simple swap... If tried on a 3 part 1-2-3 it will change to 3-1-2; if run again it will go to 2-3-1 and once more back to 1-2-3 it also carries anything else in brackets along with part 3.

INFO====>Title - Author Swap /w Series Info in the center
EXAMPLE=>Game of Thrones - Ice & Fire 01 - George RR Martin.epub
RESULT==>George RR Martin - Ice & Fire 01 - Game of Thrones.epub
FIND====>(.*) - (.*) - (.*)
REPLACE=>$3 - $2 - $1
NOTE===>This swap will carry any brackets in position 3 along with it. This can be modified to swap the three parts interchangeably by changing the order of the numbers to handle other variations. Other variations will cycle. For example if you change the replace to $3 - 2$ - $1 Then A-S-T would change to T-A-S when run again it would change to S-T-A and then back to A-S-T. So to change any position you really need a A--T Swap and then another that will cycle. You can then with a few runs get the correct order

INFO====>Title - Author Swap /w Series Info, Version, and any other info in brackets left in position. File can be 2 part (T - A) or 3 part ( T - S - A) with or without extra bracketed info.
EXAMPLE=>Game of Thrones - [Ice & Fire 01] - (unabridged) George RR Martin (v1.01) (epub).epub
RESULT==>George RR Martin - [Ice & Fire 01] - (unabridged) Game of Thrones (v1.01) (epub).epub
FIND====>([^-]*) - ([^-]* - )?([^(]*)( \(.*\))?
REPLACE=>$3-$2$1 $4
NOTE===>This is the end all be all of Author/Title swaps. It can be used for files with just Author and Title or with Files with Author, Series, Titles and both of those are with or with out other bracketed information leaving those in place. Because of this I had to allow enough spacing for 2 part swaps. That means there is an extra space in the 3 part swap. So you will need to do a Trim Spaces afterwords or you can save this for 2 part swaps and then adjust the space in the replace and save another for the 3 part swaps.

** You will need to TRIM SPACES afterwards

for other software that doesn't disregard the extension it is:
FIND====>([^-]*) - ([^-]* - )?([^(]*)( \(.*\))?(\.[^(.]*)
REPLACE=> \3 - \2\1\4\5

INFO====>Change Dots into Spaces unless in Numbers
EXAMPLE=>George.R.R.Martin.-.Ice.&.Fire.01.-.Game.of.Thrones.(v1.01).epub
RESULT==>George R R Martin - Ice & Fire 01 - Game of Thrones (v1.01).epub
FIND====>Under Construction
REPLACE=>Under Construction
NOTE===>Haven't worked it out yet for flash renamer

Other tools:

Find=====>(.*)(([^0-9])\.|\.([^0-9]))(.*\..*)#
REPLACE==>\1\3 \4\5

IMPORT SCRIPTS FOR CALIBRE

IMPORT==>Import "Author - Series Series_Index - Title" while removing brackets in series & deleting anything in brackets in the title
CALIBRE=>^(?P<author>[^-]+)(\s*-\s*(\[?(?P<series>[^-0-9]+)\s*(?P<series_index>[0-9.]+)?]?)?)?.*?-\s*(?P<title>[^\]{[()]+\w)
BEFORE==>George RR Martin - [Ice & Fire 01] - Game of Thrones [unabridged](v5.0)(epub).epub
AFTER===>George RR Martin - Ice & Fire 01 - Game of Thrones.epub

Donated by Debby - *haven't finished testing myself so i can't fill in output or what it does with bracketed info. Will test soon. Many thanks to Debby for the contribution of the spreadsheet she sent over.

IMPORT==>LN, FN - [Series #] - Title (swaps lastname, firstname)
CALIBRE=>^(?P<author>[^-]+)(\s*-\s*(\[?(?P<series>[^-0-9]+)\s*(?P<series_index>[0-9.]+)?]?)?)?.*?-\s*(?P<title>[^\]{[()]+\w)
INPUT===>Clancy, Tom Smith - [Jack Ryan Universe 01] - Without Remorse.pdf
OUTPUT==>Tom Smith Clancy - [Jack Ryan Universe 01]] - Without Remorse.pdf

IMPORT==>FN LN (Series #) Title
CALIBRE=>(?P<author>([^\-_\[\(]+))\((?P<series>[^_0-9-]*)(?P<series_index>[0-9]*)\)(?P<title>([^_\[\(]+))
INPUT===>Laura Wilder (01) Little house.pdf
OUTPUT==>

IMPORT==>Series Name - Title , Title # - Author
CALIBRE=>^((?P<series>([^\-_0-9]+)(?=\s*-\s*)(?!\s*-\s*[0-9.]+)|\b))(\s*-\s*)?((?P<title>[^0-9\-]+)(\s*-\s*)?(?P<series_index>[0-9.]+)\s*-\s*)?(?P<author>[^\-_0-9]+)
INPUT===>Jack Ryan Universe - Without Remorse 01 - Tom Clancy.lit
OUTPUT==>

IMPORT==>Series # - Title - LN _ FN (Swaps Lastname, First Name)
CALIBRE=>^((?P<nada>([^\-_0-9]+)(?=\s*-\s*)(?!\s*-\s*[0-9.]+)|\b))(\s*-\s*)?((?P<series>[^0-9\-]+)(\s*-\s*)?(?P<series_index>[0-9.]+)\s*-\s*)?(?P<title>[^\-_0-9]+)- (?P<author>[^-]+)
INPUT===>Alex Cross 1 - Along Came a Spider - Patterson,James.epub
OUTPUT==>

IMPORT==>Author name - Book title, Series #.format
CALIBRE=>(?P<author>[^_]+) - (?P<series>.+)( |(, Book #))(?P<series_index>[0-9]+) - (?P<title>.+)
INPUT===>Tom Clancy - Jack Ryan Universe #01 - Without Remorse.pdf
OUTPUT==>

IMPORT==>Author name - Book title.format
CALIBRE=>^((?P<author>([^\-_0-9]+)(?=\s*-\s*)(?!\s*-\s*[0-9.]+)|\b))(\s*-\s*)?((?P<series>[^0-9\-]+)(\s*-\s*)?( |(, Book #))(?P<series_index>[0-9.]+)\s*-\s*)?(?P<title>[^\-_0-9]+)
INPUT===>Tom Clancy - With our Remorse.txt
OUTPUT==>

IMPORT==>Title (Series #) - FN LN
CALIBRE=>(?P<title>.+) \((?P<series>[^_0-9-]*) (?P<series_index>[0-9]*)\) - (?P<author>.+)
INPUT===>Ark Angel (Alex Rider 06) - Anthony Horwortiz.lrf
OUTPUT==>

IMPORT==>Author - Title - Series 01
CALIBRE=>(?P<author>[^_-]+) -?\s*(?P<title>[^_0-9-\[\(]*)[\[\(]?(?P<series_index>[0-9]*)[\]\)]?\s*-\s*(?P<series>[^_].+) ?
INPUT===>Tom Clancy - Without Remorse - Jack Ryan Universe 01.pdf
OUTPUT==>

PREFERENCES=>Remove Page Numbers
CALIBRE=====>Page\s+\w+

PREFERENCES=>Remove Amber Lit
CALIBRE=====>(<A name=\d+>\s*</a>)?\s*(<[biu][^>]*>)?\s*Generated\s+by\s+(ABC)?\s+Amber[^<]*(<a\shref=.*?processtext.*?>)?\s*(.*?processtext. *?</a>)?(</[ibu]>)?\s*(<br>\s*)?

IMPORT==>Import "Author - Series Series_Index - Title" while removing brackets in series & leaving anything in brackets in the title like version info
CALIBRE=>^(?P<author>[^-]+)(\s*-\s*(\[?(?P<series>[^-0-9]+)\s*(?P<series_index>[0-9.]+)?]?)?)?.*?-\s*(?P<title>[^-]+)
BEFORE==>George RR Martin - [Ice & Fire 01] - Game of Thrones [unabridged](v5.0)(epub).epub
AFTER===>George RR Martin - Ice & Fire 01 - Game of Thrones [unabridged](v5.0)(epub).epub
NOTE====>I would clean the file of anthing you dont want in the title section before import so you only get what you want there; the next script is for taking care of that.

This is for cleaning up files of all bracketed information other than version information pre-import to calibre. These commands can be strung together in a preset batch command and run all together at once in flash renamer rather than sepperatly although thats how I have it listed. This is for running against multiple files at the same time like huge collections.

*note: i am going to use the tilde "~" to represent a white space so you will have to replace it with a space.

**This changes all brackets to rounded**
FIND====>[
REPLACE=>(
Run Rename

FIND====>]
REPLACE=>)
Run Rename

FIND====>{
REPLACE=>(
Run Rename

FIND====>}
REPLACE=>)

Trim Spaces (a simple button press in flash renamer)

**This removes brackets from around series without deleting series - remember to remove tildes the represent space**
FIND====>-~(
REPLACE=>-~
Run Rename

FIND====>)~-
REPLACE=>~-
Run Rename

**Check the Regex Box- This Changes the Brackets around version info to square brackets and leaves all others rounded**
FIND====>(.+)\((v.+?)\)(.*)
REPLACE=>$1[$2]$3

**Uncheck regex Box - This is a wild card it deletes all rounded brackets and whatever they contain**
FIND====>(*)
REPLACE=>

Trim Spaces

**This changes the square brackets back to rounded in version info**
FIND====>(.+)\[(.+)](.*)
REPLACE=>$1($2)

Trim Spaces

Now the file that looked like this:
George RR Martin - [Ice & Fire 01] - Game of Thrones [unabridged](v5.0)(epub).epub

Will Look Like this:
George RR Martin - Ice & Fire 01 - Game of Thrones(v5.0).epub

You can then use this calibre import and keep version info in title:

IMPORT==>Import "Author - Series Series_Index - Title" while removing brackets in series & leaving anything in brackets in the title like version info
CALIBRE=>^(?P<author>[^-]+)(\s*-\s*(\[?(?P<series>[^-0-9]+)\s*(?P<series_index>[0-9.]+)?]?)?)?.*?-\s*(?P<title>[^-]+)

(to be continued)
(anyone else wanting to add to this thread with useful script please do so)

Last edited by penguinaka; 06-14-2011 at 11:39 PM.
penguinaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #2
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!
penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.

Here is a renaming script that I created especially for ebook collectors. Its for use pre-calibre import. I hope you enjoy it! It's shaved hundreds of hours off my time working with my collection pre-import to calibre. Cheers!

BookCase (v6.7) - The Ultimate eBook File Renamer on Crack
BookCase is a heavily modified TitleCase Plus VBscript that works as a button in Directory Opus (Directory Opus is a Windows Explorer Replacement... a trial version can be downloaded at http://www.gpsoft.com.au/ and the scripts to run in it that i created can be found at the end of the post). It is designed to do all your eBook file renaming in one button click. Everything that it can do is listed below and in the script all the options can be turned on or off so that you get the format that you desire. To give you an idea it can be run against 100,000 eBook files at once and will take approximately five minutes to complete. 1000 files and less its near instant.

VERSION UPDATE (v6.7) Change List:
1. (request #1) added a remove bracketed version # feature (fBracketMagic2=True). The way this operates is it changes all brackets to round brackets then if fbraket=true then series brackets are removed if fbracket=false then series brackets are changed to square and then all rounded brackets are removed. If you use this feature then fBracketMagic1 should = false (i already have it set up for you)

2. (request #2) Swap title names that have ",the" ",a" and ",an" and the end of the title. I actually like this request i have the same thing in my library through out my books that i have been fixing by hand

3. (request #3) Swap lastname, firstname. this function was already built in and turned on as an option

4. (request #4) added AUTORENAME to script (if the file name already exists it renames the file to the same name with a "(1) at the end.)

5. (request #5) Turned off (commented out) the italian, spanish, french & german lower case exceptions which was giving you the W e B lower case in initals with initials that had "a" or "e" and a few others.

6. (request #6) Add a add brackets to series option and sub series option.

7. (request #7) Add a Zero padding in single digit #'s in series option

BookCase Does the Following:

All these are set as options that can be turned on or off by changing the value to "True" or "False" in the options area of the code its clearly marked if you edit the button.

Just an example of what it can do:

What format do you prefer?

Just edit the bookcase button and set the options to your preference:

Included in the zip is BookCase as a .orp file and additionally as a button. Also Including in the Zip is some other eBook Renaming Buttons. They are 3 Buttons... 2 of the buttons have a drop down with multiple buttons inside them.

These Buttons and BookCase are on a Button Bar:

Multiple Buttons File Contains:
1st Button: Trim - trims multiple spaces, leading and trailing

2nd Button: Replaces (multi button drop down)

-1 Replaces underscores with a comma
-2 Replaces underscores with spaces
-3 Replace file name with folder name
-4 Replace by with a dash
-5 Append folder author name to beginning of file name + a dash separator
-6 Removes everything but authors name on folders
-7 Add series brackets
-8 Remove desired # of charters from beginning of file name
-9 Remove desired # of character from end of file name
-10 Add extension info in brackets to end of file name
-11 Dots to spaces except in numbers
-12 Separate pushed together initials
-13 Add dots to initials
-14 Zero pad single digit numbers in series
-15 Add "Series" to series that have just numbers and no series name.
-16 Strip series out of file name
-17 Remove a desired text
-18 Insert a desired text

3rd Button: Swaps (multi button drop down)

-1 Swaps lastname, firstnames of any type also multiples of them separated by & or and.
-2 Swaps everything in a title on either side of a comma.
-3 Swaps everything in a title on either side of a comma except brackets.
-4 Swaps library order to regular title order excludes sentences that are not library order
-5 Replace by with dash then do a author title swap
-6 Replace underscore with a comma and do a Ln, Fn swap.
-7 Swaps title series author (TSA) to (AST) and leaves bracketed info in place
-8 Swaps (TAS) to (AST) and leaves bracketed info in place
-9 Swaps (SAT) to (AST) and leaves bracketed info in place
-10 Swaps (STA) to (AST) and leaves bracketed info in place
-11 Swaps (ATS) to (AST) and leaves bracketed info in place

The Buttons are in Text files just copy from <?xml version="1.0"?> to </button> in the files and paste it onto your bar while your in customization mode. There is a read first in the rar file which will explain more in depth how to install them onto the bar on opus... If you need further help feel free to pm me.

Let me know what you think when you test drive them!

Code:
http://www.filesonic.com/file/1578621124
No Need to get an account with filesonic just use free/regular user download

Note on Typical Settings:

1. Keep all bracketed information regardless of what it is:
fBracketMagic1 & fBracketMagic 2 should be false

2. Remove all bracketed info accept version info and series if bracketed:
fBracketMagic1 = True and fBracketmMagic2 = False

3. Remove all Bracketed info but keep series info if bracketed:
fBracketMagic1 = False abd fBracketMagic2 = True

Last edited by penguinaka; 08-02-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 12:31 AM   #3
curiosity
Nameless Being

Nice thread ty very much for going to the effort..
Old 06-17-2011, 06:28 PM   #4
Debby
Connoisseur
Debby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Sony & ipad
This is great! I love the explanations!
Debby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
Widukind
Widukind began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for when I registered 15 minutes ago.
Widukind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #6
feralicious
total n00b
feralicious began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Fantastic!

Don't understand a word of it yet but I know I need it for my mess of a collection that I want to get into Calibre soon!

feralicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:34 AM   #7
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
Looks great, I see that the Flash rename app, is a trial, how long does it last? = couldn't find that info on their site

I'm using the free "Bulk Rename Utility" at present, but always willing to try out others.
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:59 AM   #8
curiosity
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitthis View Post
Looks great, I see that the Flash rename app, is a trial, how long does it last? = couldn't find that info on their site

I'm using the free "Bulk Rename Utility" at present, but always willing to try out others.
Flash rename nice app I don't know how long the trial lasts for but I found another app which is pretty much similar and opensource it also understands regex : at

http://file-folder-ren.sourceforge.net/

its called metamorphose.

Has anyone come across a re namer that will take the directory name and add it to the file name?

Just wondering if there is something that could do that and how deep could it take directory names to add to file name..

eg

folder = 2000
folder = john smith
file name = this is my book

end result file name = 200 - john smith - my book.epub
Old 06-24-2011, 10:40 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Flash rename nice app I don't know how long the trial lasts for but I found another app which is pretty much similar and opensource it also understands regex : at

its called metamorphose.

Has anyone come across a re namer that will take the directory name and add it to the file name?

Just wondering if there is something that could do that and how deep could it take directory names to add to file name..

eg

folder = 2000
folder = john smith

metamorphose (thanks for the tip)

I just tried it. It has a learning curve
BTW the template I showed might be what you want to use
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Metamorphose.jpg
Views:	924
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	73272  
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:19 AM   #10
curiosity
Nameless Being

thank you very much !!!!

As a by the by is anyone having a prob since last update of Calibre - it seems to crash when trying to search through database - maybe just me?..

Never had that issue before.

Cheers
Old 08-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #11
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post

its called metamorphose.

eg

folder = 2000
folder = john smith

yes it i created a button that does that within director opus see the drop down replaces button called "Replaces w/ Folder name" in the second post.

I also made another button that you can select a whole group of files click the button and it creates author name folders and then drops the files into the appropriate folder.

Here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...37&postcount=2

Last edited by penguinaka; 08-02-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #12
jlutes
Connoisseur
jlutes began at the beginning.

Device: none
pre-import rename

I use a program called Rename-it!. Also has regex support.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rena...name-It!/3.32/
jlutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #13
curiosity
Nameless Being

Awesome ty very much - and thank you for the time and dedication to do the work you have... quick question - I've downloaded opus works without issue - 60 day trial is nice but a bummer.

How hard would it be to have your script work with totalcomander? the only nag screen totalcomander has is press button 1,2 or 3 for however long you may want to use it for.

Totalcomander in my humble opinion is the go to file browser - has ftp a reasonably good renamer in it already but lacking the functions of better renamers. Twin view etc etc etc ...

http://www.ghisler.com/

Regards and thank you for your efforts once again..
Old 08-12-2011, 12:17 AM   #14
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!

I'm not sure about total commander never used it...but since the scripts are just accessing windows shell functions through vbscript if total commander allows that with a tweek or 2 it should work in it... if you have opus already installed customize the bar then edit the button.... you can then ctrl-a copy all the script out of the script field and move it over into commander. Don't ask me how to set it up in there since i'm unfamiliar with it... cheers!
Old 08-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #15
curiosity
Nameless Being

Hey thanks for the reply,

Had more of an opportunity to play with your script, absolutely brilliant.. what a time saver it is.. its almost as if you've read minds and common issues.. Thanks once again..

Will see if I can port your scripts to TotalComander - its worth a look if you like opus I think you may like it as well two very similar apps..

cheers...