Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-17-2010, 05:24 AM   #1
jtravel
jtravel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Content server & Kindle3 problem

I have the Caliber content server setup on port 80 as instructed in the Faq and running. I can goto the server page on my pc fine.
When I type in http://127.0.0.1:80 on the Kindle 3 it says Kindle can't open the page. I have also tried just http://127.0.0.1 and get the same can't open page message on kindle.
I have switched content server to the default port 8080 and have the same problem.
Does anyone know how to get the kindle to work with content server?
jtravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:55 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The 127.0.0.1 address is what is known as the "localhost" address and will only work for applications running on the same machine as the server. On the kindle 3 you need to use the network address of the machine running the server rather then the 127.0.0.1 one.

If you do not know how to find out your machines network address then mention what OS you are running and someone will be able to help.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2010, 06:00 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
The IP address 127.0.0.1 is the internal loopback address of any one device. So, when the Kindle tries to access 127.0.0.1, it tries to access a server running on itself. You need to figure out what IP address your computer has (probably something like 192.168.x.x) and use that on the Kindle.
The 127.0.0.1, of course, works on your computer, as it can see the server running on it's own address.

Edit: Oops, took too long to type.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:28 AM   #4
jtravel
jtravel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks for jump starting my brain.
It's working now.

Last edited by jtravel; 12-17-2010 at 06:41 AM.
jtravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:43 AM   #5
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Load up the cmd.com and type 'ipconfig' *ignore the ' ' that I used*. You will get a screen full of text, but you should see an IP address, chances are it will be a 10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x (replace x with the appropriate number). Type that number into the browser on the Kindle and you'll be away.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert