Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-16-2007, 11:08 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Goodbye Sony!

A while back I said that i was planning to replace all my LRX ebooks in a breakable format. Well, I've done it. I no longer need or want my Sony Connect account. I am offering it free to anyone who does not yet have a Connect account. Does anyone here want it? I have the following books on it:

Foundation bundle
Hominid, Human, Hybrid (by Robert J. Sawyer)
Constant Gardener
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
2 worthless Balzac titles

The Connect credit has expired. Sorry.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:11 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So you are still using your Sony Reader, just no longer withbook purchased via The Connect Store yes?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:20 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So you are still using your Sony Reader, just no longer withbook purchased via The Connect Store yes?
Yep. It's a nice piece of hardware.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:21 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Yep. It's a nice piece of hardware.
But what about the credit card linked to your account? Do I get that too if I take over your account?
Old 09-17-2007, 09:22 AM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But what about the credit card linked to your account? Do I get that too if I take over your account?
Do you really think I would give Sony a CC number?
Old 09-17-2007, 10:02 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Do you really think I would give Sony a CC number?
You might have back then.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:59 AM   #7
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Dude, that is totally cool of you to just freely give up your account to someone else; how very unselfish you are. It's going to be tough to find someone without an account, though someone form outside the US might get a chance to use it. Props to ya!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:05 AM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel View Post
Dude, that is totally cool of you to just freely give up your account to someone else; how very unselfish you are. It's going to be tough to find someone without an account, though someone form outside the US might get a chance to use it. Props to ya!
Thank you, but I actually decided to sell it for what it's worth: nothing.

Or, you could say that I am selling it for what it cost me: nothing.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:23 PM   #9
guguy
Groupie
guguy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Hi,

I'm european and I will soon buy a reader (prs-505 probably), are you still
willing to give your account for free ?
If yes, please contact me : tanguy.moret@gmail.com

Thx
guguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:47 PM   #10
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Say which Balzacs you have, and I will re-do them in (hopefully) a better version.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:54 PM   #11
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Say which Balzacs you have, and I will re-do them in (hopefully) a better version.
It doesn't matter. I got them just to check to see if they have accent marks.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:11 PM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

It seems like there is only one person interested, so I guess he gets the account.

I was planning to require that the recipient have a reader first, but since no one else is interested it doesn't matter.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:32 PM   #13
MikeF74
Groupie
MikeF74 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I thought it was a very generous offer, and while I could have been the first responder I decided not to because I was only interested in one of the titles. While I am 98% sure I'll be getting a Sony, I felt it shouldn't deprive someone else unless I was 100% certain.
MikeF74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:58 PM   #14
siriwalla
siriwalla began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Hello !

Hi ! I'm from Brazil and I've bought my Reader in Miami.
It would be grateful to have Constant Gardener.
My e-mail siriwalla at walla.com.
Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!!!!!
Cristiane
siriwalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:44 PM   #15
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriwalla View Post
Hi ! I'm from Brazil and I've bought my Reader in Miami.
It would be grateful to have Constant Gardener.
My e-mail siriwalla at walla.com.
Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!!!!!
Cristiane
Unfortunately, I cannot transfer individual ebooks from the account.