Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
johndoesecond
Connoisseur
johndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle 4, Kindle PW2
Kindle firmware 2.5.3

This is just to let you guys know that I've just wirelessly got the version 2.5.3 on my Kindle DX.

No, it's not a typo: I received 2.5.2 today, then manually check for sync and updates and there it was, 2.5.3

Anyway, I can't tell any relevant difference to the 2.5, so maybe it's just a bug busting update.

Cheers.

Last edited by johndoesecond; 06-14-2010 at 01:07 PM.
johndoesecond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
elmoglick
Groupie
elmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litter

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoesecond View Post
This is just to let you guys know that I've just wirelessly got the version 2.5.3 on my Kindle DX.
US or International?
elmoglick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
KernelPanic
KernelPanic will become famous soon enoughKernelPanic will become famous soon enoughKernelPanic will become famous soon enoughKernelPanic will become famous soon enoughKernelPanic will become famous soon enoughKernelPanic will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Kindle DX
I have it here on my Kindle DXi, too. Version Kindle 2.5.3 (490488060).
KernelPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno
Bluesman7 doesn't litterBluesman7 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Got the update from 2.5 to 2.5.2 on the K2 (US) today, but nothing further. Perhaps it's only for the DX...
Bluesman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
Nine989
Ebook Destroyer
Nine989 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 - Kindle 2 - Kindle Dx
I just got it as well. KDX global.
Nine989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
luvmy4brats
Connoisseur
luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle
Mine updated to 2.5.3 today after a Sync & Check for new items.

I think just about everyone knows I have a K2i that was at 2.5.2 before today.
luvmy4brats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #7
Andolamin
Andolamin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 International
The update is also available for manual download at Amazon's website - that's how I just got mine!

[edit]The 2.5.2 update for the K2i is the one that I downloaded from Amazon's website. I don't get wireless at my work (I'm 15 feet underground) so I'll have to check if I get the 2.5.3 update when I get home[/edit]

Last edited by Andolamin; 06-14-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: More information
Andolamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:00 PM   #8
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Yeah I got the 2.5.3 on my KDXi today too. When it rains, it pours!
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #9
johndoesecond
Connoisseur
johndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle 4, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoglick View Post
US or International?
International
johndoesecond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #10
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Does 2.5.3 allow alpha sorting of collections?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #11
cicsos2
Enthusiast
cicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to behold

Device: kindle Kbd, Fire(N2A), & 8.9
My wife and I got our Kindles in Nov '09, about a week apart. I have 19 pages of books, mostly the free or low cost ones. She has 3 pages with 1 page of samples. I study the various Kindle fora, she could care less. Today I manually updated my Kindle about 30 minutes before Amazon released the update for 2.5.2. I did not touch her Kindle, other than to turn the whisperjet on and make sure it was fully charged. I put both into sleep mode and we went to the store. When we returned - her Kindle had been updated to 2.5.3 and mine is still at 2.5.2.

As the poet said - "it just goes to show you".
cicsos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #12
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Does 2.5.3 allow alpha sorting of collections?
No, seems to be the same sorting arrangement as 2.5.2.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #13
SubElement
Connoisseur
SubElement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle International
2.5.2 International, Synced for no items and got nothing.
SubElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:39 PM   #14
ziplizard
Enthusiast
ziplizard doesn't litterziplizard doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2.0
... and just when I finally became a star belly sneetch.
ziplizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #15
johnstu
johnstu has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS505, iPhone, Kindle 2, iPad 2
I got 2.5.3 today on my kindle 2i so not just dx. It's my first 2.5 update and I've only just got it so I'm no use in providing comparisons with other 2.5 versions
johnstu is offline   Reply With Quote