Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 05-17-2010, 07:06 AM   #1
cloggy
Connoisseur
cloggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-T1
New daily builds are stable again?

Yesterday I installed the oi-hanlin-v3ext-install-20100515.zip daily build and so far everything is working fine (better than expected ...grin).
Old 05-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
CPatrick
CPatrick began at the beginning.

Device: N516
Thank you for pointing this. I updated my Hanvon 516 with the last Daily build and it works fine too.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloggy View Post
Yesterday I installed the oi-hanlin-v3ext-install-20100515.zip daily build and so far everything is working fine (better than expected ...grin).
Reading this, I installed the latest (20100516) snapshot. It does indeed look like it works. Feels a bit faster and I have the impression the fonts are somewhat darker, although that may be my imagination.

I'm keeping the March 9 snapshot I was running handy, though
Old 05-18-2010, 05:32 AM   #4
grega_g
grega_g began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin v3
@openinkpot team:
clap clap clap
Old 05-18-2010, 05:50 AM   #5
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega_g View Post
@openinkpot team:
clap clap clap
Seconded

The 'percent read' in the library screen is a nice little touch.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:34 PM   #6
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Is the stability of the daily builds officially acknowledged? I'd love to try the new ones but only if the developers give the ok officially first.

Cheers,
PKFFW
Old 05-19-2010, 01:10 AM   #7
grega_g
grega_g began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin v3
hmmm i dont know...
Yesterdays daily build is a lot slower than 3.0 rc1 i had before. and cant fint a way to turn it off. power button does nothing.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:43 AM   #8
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
Is the stability of the daily builds officially acknowledged? I'd love to try the new ones but only if the developers give the ok officially first.
Yes. LunohoD fixed all the problems with skins (or maybe not all, but those should be just reported as bugs).
Old 05-19-2010, 06:43 AM   #9
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
Yes. LunohoD fixed all the problems with skins (or maybe not all, but those should be just reported as bugs).
Good to hear, I will give the new daily build a try when I get home from work tomorrow.

Cheers,
PKFFW
Old 05-19-2010, 09:47 AM   #10
ASnoopyDOG
ASnoopyDOG began at the beginning.

Device: Hanvon N516 - patched with Scriba V.2.5.3.2 Firmware
No sound while playing mp3.
Firmware for Hancon 516, build from 20100518.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #11
PKFFW
Wizard

Finally got around to updating the firmware and wish I had done so before my honeymoon. It seems fast and stable which is good.

Was using the 0.2.0 version whilst on honeymoon and had 3 crashes that needed resetting the device to fix. I lost all my bookmarks for the book I was reading too. No idea why they happened as until then I had only had it crash once since installing it.

Cheers,
PKFFW
Old 05-30-2010, 05:49 PM   #12
ArgonZ
ArgonZ began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
I'm havig a problem with the 0.3 versions of OpenInkpot that I did not notice before.
The problem is that sometimes FBReader skips a page, I usually notice it and press back and read the page it jumped, but it is quite annoying.

Is anyone else having this kind of problem?
I've searched on OpenInkpots open tickets but didn't find nothing that might resemble this type of problem.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:06 AM   #13
cloggy
Connoisseur
cloggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-T1
No, I haven't seen this but I'm using the dailybuilds. I installed the dailybuild oi-hanlin-v3ext-install-20100515 version a few days before I went on holidays.
I checked it for about 2 days and decided to leave it installed for my holidays in Egypt (where I did a lot of reading). I did discovered that, after reading for many hours, the e-reader got completely blocked (even no flashing green led so I had to reset the Hanlin V3ext several times) and also that it sometimes jumped to a random page after I clicked on page forward. I've also noticed that sometimes, after reading for many hours, the reader became very unresponsive (only the green led showed activity) so I think there is a memory leak.. I've avoided it during the rest of my holidays by closing a book after a few hours reading and then re-open it.

I was reading in the plane for a few hours and as Egypt is in a different time zone, I decided to adjust the time...well after about 20 minutes of looking at the flashing green led, I decided to give it a full rest (note that I always have a paper-clip in the cover of the e-book for these circumstances). If you change the date/time immediately after power up, it goes fine, but don't do it after reading many hours.. (still have to test this with the new dailybuild I've installed by now)

I've already installed dailybuild oi-hanlin-v3ext-install-20100527 and as soon as I see the same problems popping up again, I'll create a problem ticket. But back in normal life, I do read a lot less than I when I'm on holidays, so it may take a few days...
Old 05-31-2010, 05:17 AM   #14
sbring
sbring began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook One
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post

Cheers,
PKFFW
Live version doesn't work on my Hanlin V3ext. Says file system is corrupt. Live 0.2 works but only on memory card; cannot read internal memory. It opens folder but it looks empty, which it isn't.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:47 AM   #15
ASnoopyDOG
ASnoopyDOG began at the beginning.

Device: Hanvon N516 - patched with Scriba V.2.5.3.2 Firmware
(SOLVED) No MP3 with OI 0.3 Nightly Builds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASnoopyDOG View Post
No sound while playing mp3.
Firmware for Hancon 516, build from 20100518.
Reinstalling software packet of the nightly build '20100530' solved this problem.