Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
Calien
Calien began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Unhappy Error message with Calibre ereader

I just updated to 0.9.13 today, but this was happening on the last version of Calibre, too. Whenever I try to open a book using the ereader within the program, I get an error msg that looks like this:

calibre, version 0.9.13
ERROR: Could not open ebook: [Error 5] Access is denied: u'C:\\Users\\Kayley\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre _0.9.13_tmp_v3sfym\\atkdpj_ebook_iter'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\main.py", line 40, in run
File "threading.py", line 504, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator\book.py", line 99, in __enter__
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 234, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\__init__.py", line 437, in __enter__
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied: u'C:\\Users\\Kayley\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre _0.9.13_tmp_v3sfym\\atkdpj_ebook_iter'

I've checked my library folder and it is not set to Read Only and has write permissions. Everything else works as it should; metadata, adding and removing books from my device, etc. I just like to preview the files in the ereader to make sure they are readable, and now I can't do that. Any ideas?

(And although I'm fairly tech friendly, small words and clear instructions might help anyone else who is having this problem...)
Calien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Something is blocking calibre from accessing its temporary files. Disable your antivirus or exclude calibre from it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
scurtis21
scurtis21 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I have updated to 0.9.16 and having the same problem. I have disabled virus program with no success. What else could be blocking access. It was previously working fine. My pc is Windows 8.

ERROR: Could not open ebook
[Error 5] Access is denied: u'C:
\\users\\hp\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_0.9.16_ tmp_jn2arj\\piekut_ebook'
Attached Files
File Type: pdf calibre.pdf (51.1 KB, 176 views)
scurtis21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:23 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Run calibre as administrator.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote