Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-31-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Problem with New Years special offer on KF

I turned on my Kindle Fire this evening to see a special offer from Amazon for $2 off on selected apps. Terrific. I looked through the terms and conditions for a minute, hit accept, and then "Go to apps." Unfortunately the link failed to take me the list of apps, and I got a "Looks like you're lost" page instead.

Has anyone been able to find the list of apps? I haven't, so far, been able to find any information about the promotion on Amazon, and it seems to be gone from my KF special offers, I'm assuming since I already hit accept.

Last edited by carld; 12-31-2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Clarity
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
It works on any app that doesn't specifically say it is exempted from promotions (and I've actually never seen one of those).

Go to the website, to any android app page and you can check your totals for all promotion types (under the buy button).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ahh, thanks. I'd been to that page, but it doesn't display well under Firefox on my system. Once I loaded it up in IE I could see what you meant. Oddly I see $2.00 under Apps for Android and $59.82 under Software/Video Games. Maybe I got an unexpected bonus somewhere along the way?

btw: I picked up Star Traders RPG Elite.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #4
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
I guess I can't get special offers on my first generation KF.

When I read this, I went to enable ads so I could get the $2 off and didn't have the option on my KF. Oh, well.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:33 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
I guess I can't get special offers on my first generation KF.

When I read this, I went to enable ads so I could get the $2 off and didn't have the option on my KF. Oh, well.
First gen Fires are ad free and don't qualify for the offers.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Ahh, thanks. I'd been to that page, but it doesn't display well under Firefox on my system. Once I loaded it up in IE I could see what you meant. Oddly I see $2.00 under Apps for Android and $59.82 under Software/Video Games. Maybe I got an unexpected bonus somewhere along the way?

btw: I picked up Star Traders RPG Elite.
You must have. They were handing out a dollar a package if you picked slow delivery and had a Prime account, for a bit over a month. Still, I didn't manage to get as high a promo balance as you did...
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
carld
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
You must have. They were handing out a dollar a package if you picked slow delivery and had a Prime account, for a bit over a month. Still, I didn't manage to get as high a promo balance as you did...
More oddness. I checked it this morning and found the balance was up to $74.82. I can't figure out how I'm supposed to use it though. It doesn't automatically apply at checkout, and there's no promo code to type in.

Edit: apparently you get credit for turning in change at a Conistar machine. That probably explains where my bonus is from since I do that on a regular basis.

Final edit: Mystery solved. I called Amazon, and it turns out that this a total of all promotional discounts they've sent me on specific items. So, it's not a lump sum but mainly $5 off a list of assorted games and software.

Last edited by carld; 01-01-2013 at 04:41 PM.