Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 06:11 AM   #1
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Desktop Kobo App Connection Timeout

I have noticed that when I reset my KT and connected to my Desktop Kobo App that it downloaded the most recent firmware (1.9.12) and then proceeded to download books from my library in the Kobo.com site. After it finished I disconnected the KT from my computer and it went through the upgrade of the firmware and processing of the books onboard. I found after it rebooted that it had only downloaded about 500 of the 756 books I have at kobo.com. So I reconnected to my Kobo Desktop App to download the rest.. Unfortunately now there is an error where the Desktop is failing connection with kobo.com and also gives a usb error for my KT and automatically ejects my device..

Now my question is, is there a limit to the number of books that the desktop app can handle at one time? And is the USB error occurring due to a timeout period being exceeded because the KT or desktop App is constructing a list of books to upload/download? Or use in comparing against what is up at kobo.com and is already downloaded? If so can the timeout be extended in such cases so that it adjusts with the number of books that are in the library?

In the past I have found that when I got the USB error on my desktop I was still able to update my KT wirelessly when I was able to connect to a Wifi Hotspot.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Were the books that did not load initially free books? If so, they may not be in the I'm Reading section of your library anymore.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Were the books that did not load initially free books? If so, they may not be in the I'm Reading section of your library anymore.
Yes, they were free books.. But I have confirmed that my I'm Reading section has 756 ebooks listed before and after returning to Factory settings and reinsyncing.

Has anyone ever stress tested Kobo Desktop and KT this way before?

Update: Counted 560 ebooks exactly synced to the Desktop App.. Offhand noticed 5 of 7 ebooks in "Little Comics for Little Readers" series by Gloria Lapin (ebook volumes 1-5) did not sync to the Desktop though they show up in my I'm Reading. I have deleted them from I'm Reading and then Undeleted them to place them back in I'm Reading and resynced. No change in the Desktop App. Count remains at 560.

Last edited by Xennex1170; 11-12-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
Xennex1170
Addict

I have noticed that over 1200MB of the 1400MB space available on the KT has been used by my library. I think that may be limiting the download of my entire library to the KT but I can't imagine why the same limit should be placed on the Desktop App.