Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-25-2011, 04:04 AM   #1
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Faster power on using subdirectories?

I had the sd-card of my opus almost full of books. Everytime I restarted it from a full power down, it took quite a while before it was up and running.

I have since then deleted all books on the device and configured Calibre to store the books in subdirectories using the first letter of authorsort. That makes it easier to locate authors using folder view.

In the directory "A" i have all books of authors starting with "A". And so on,

I believe that this also made the opus start up from a full power off faster. Much faster.

Before I had all the books in subfolders in the same directory. That worked fine, but it seems that it made the start up much slower.

Has anyone else noticed this as well?
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote