Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
accesszh
accesszh began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
Firmware Upgarding Problem

I think this may be a classical problem for Bookeen users. Simply say, I follow the procedure on Bookeen's website; the device does not boot and upgrade from the microsd card, but leads to the library directly.

I contacted the Bookeen support and followed their suggestion in their reply, but the device still can not upgrade from the sd card. I contacted the support again. They considered that this solution works for everyone, if I can not upgrade, then it should be my problem.

Now I am still stucked in the old version, which is 1.9, (my device is the white version OPus). I think here should be some users had the same problem. How did you solve it?

Last edited by accesszh; 02-21-2011 at 04:15 PM.
accesszh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
accesszh, there are two options to try.

- You may format your opus and afterwards try to install firmware 2.1.

- You can follow the instructions in the following post. Unfortunately they are in German, if you have difficulties to understand them, please ask here again, I will translate them then.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...82&postcount=7
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
accesszh

Thank you, Billi.

Is the second option same as the #6 reply in this post?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68818

It is said that this method is only for Gen3 and it may damage for other models. I am not sure if it also works for OPUS. Are you?

Last edited by accesszh; 02-20-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
accesszh

- die eben entpackte Datei "update_kernel" umbenennen in "cybook_upgrade" (unbedingt klein schreiben)

Does this mean that I need to rename the file "update_kernel" into "cybook_upgrade" (and use small letters)?

- wenn auf dem Cybook zu lesen ist, das Update wäre beendet und man möge neu starten, dieses ignorieren, das Cybook wieder mit dem PC verbinden und einschalten. Die Datei "cybook_upgrade" sollte nun aus dem Stammverzeichniss verschwunden sein. Falls nicht: Löschen.

Google translate does not translate this part well. What does it mean?
Old 02-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #5
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accesszh View Post
Thank you, Billi.

Is the second option same as the #6 reply in this post?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68818

It is said that this method is only for Gen3 and it may damage for other models. I am not sure if it also works for OPUS. Are you?

Yes, it is the same option. The German version was originally published in another German eReader-forum (http://www.e-reader-forum.de/ebook-r...rmware-update/) and helped there with an Opus. The only important thing is that you've downloaded the Opus firmware and not the Gen3 firmware, but I'm sure you did this anyway .
Old 02-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #6
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Is the SD card properly detected afterward ? You see the books that are on it ? Try with an other SD card if in doubt.

Then, don't hesitate to put the opus on a table, hit "on", then hold the center button right after that, firmly and until it's cybook show the updating screen.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #7
Billi
Wizard

Quote:
- die eben entpackte Datei "update_kernel" umbenennen in "cybook_upgrade" (unbedingt klein schreiben)

Does this mean that I need to rename the file "update_kernel" into "cybook_upgrade" (and use small letters)?

Exactly.

Quote:
- wenn auf dem Cybook zu lesen ist, das Update wäre beendet und man möge neu starten, dieses ignorieren, das Cybook wieder mit dem PC verbinden und einschalten. Die Datei "cybook_upgrade" sollte nun aus dem Stammverzeichniss verschwunden sein. Falls nicht: Löschen.

Google translate does not translate this part well. What does it mean?

If the Cybook says "Upgrade finished. Please restart" ignore it. Connect the Cybook again with the PC and turn on. The file "cybook_upgrade" must have disappeared from the root directory of your Cybook. If not, delete it.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:06 PM   #8
accesszh

Thank you very much, Billi. It works. Thank you again.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:04 PM   #9
Billi
Wizard

Glad it worked. Enjoy your Opus!