Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-01-2020, 12:29 PM   #1
galaxyhub
galaxyhub began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Galaxy Tab S2 8.0
calibre viewer + filetype icons

Every time I update calibre the calibre viewer program changes all my custom eBook filetype icons. Is there a way to prevent this behaviour ?
galaxyhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:13 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhub View Post
Every time I update calibre the calibre viewer program changes all my custom eBook filetype icons. Is there a way to prevent this behaviour ?
Which OS and version?

Why do you say its the caiibre viewer program that's changing them?

Where are you storing the icons?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2020, 12:42 AM   #3
galaxyhub
galaxyhub began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Galaxy Tab S2 8.0
Please read item #9 in Guldelines (bottom of page)

This is an epub after a calibre update

I usually assign individual icons to the major eBook formats, so this
is what an epub would normally look like.

How can i prevent calibre viewer from changing my icons with its own generic icon every time calibre is updated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-06-02_05h47_06.png
Views:	143
Size:	983.2 KB
ID:	179644

These are all the different types i have to change back after each calibre update

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-02-2020 at 03:00 AM. Reason: please read item #9 in Guidelines (bottom of every MR page)
galaxyhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:00 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The calibre viewer doesnt change icons, that will be your desktop environment. From that screenshot am guessing you are on linux. Figure out why your desktop environment keeps re-assigning icons and prevent it from doing so. The calibre installer calls xdg-mime to register what mimetypes its programs are capable of handling, presumably your desktop environment has a broken xdg-mime
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote