Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-15-2019, 01:46 AM   #1
jamm2005us
jamm2005us began at the beginning.

Device: Acer Aspire IV
Possible bug?

Hi guys! Doing a great job for us over here! I want to know why Sigil does not mark the lines in a proper way. For example, It tells me I have an error in such and such line, when in fact the error is located on another line

What could be the culprit? Please tell me!

I don't know how to send you a screenshot of what I have found so far
jamm2005us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:53 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamm2005us View Post
I don't know how to send you a screenshot of what I have found so far
You can attach a screenshot to your original message. (Click Edit > Go Advanced > Manage Attachment to attach your file.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2019, 01:36 PM   #3
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The place the error is detected and the place the error must be fixed can be (and often are) different places.

Consider a simple example. You put a <div> tag at the beginning of a chapter. You neglect to match it with a closing </div>. The error will be detected at the very end of the chapter, but you'll very likely want to fix it by deleting the tag at the beginning!
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:28 PM   #4
najgori
Klak
najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: many
or add it at the end? one can never know...
najgori is offline   Reply With Quote