Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-12-2019, 08:37 PM   #1
R1zzla
R1zzla began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Deleting Non-Selected books when moving

I have been using Calibre for years and recently upgraded from V3 - V4.
When moving books between libraries, if Calibre sees duplicates, a pop up widow lists the duplicates...
1) It used to show me the Title, Author and format of the two books from each library and I could select wether to copy or not. Now it just shows me Title and Author with a select y/n tickbox.
Is it possible to go back to the previous behavior ?
2) If I decided not to select some/all of the duplicates for moving, the books would be deleted from the FROMLIBRARY.
Is there a way to re-enable this ?
R1zzla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:42 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Do check your settings(some times Calibre updates seems to reset some for no reason)
Preferences: Adding books: Adding Actions (a tab): <Look at Auto merge actions>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:55 PM   #3
R1zzla

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Do check your settings(some times Calibre updates seems to reset some for no reason)
Preferences: Adding books: Adding Actions (a tab): <Look at Auto merge actions>
Thanks for the reply theducks but I've looked (preferences, forum even google) but can't find any option to to enable either action.
The AutoMerge options in Adding Books seem to be about what happens in the TOLIBRARY when you select duplicates to move/copy ?
Old 10-12-2019, 10:00 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There have been no changes to the UI or functionality for moving books between libraries. When you move a book to a library it is done as an add to the new library followed bya delete from the old library. When adding books if a duplicate is suspected a dialog showing the title and author is shown and you can choose what to do with the suspected duplicate. I think you are confusingthe UI witht he one for merging books.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 05:17 AM   #5
R1zzla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
There have been no changes to the UI or functionality for moving books between libraries. When you move a book to a library it is done as an add to the new library followed bya delete from the old library. When adding books if a duplicate is suspected a dialog showing the title and author is shown and you can choose what to do with the suspected duplicate. I think you are confusingthe UI witht he one for merging books.
I will obviously bow to your superior knowledge kovidgoyal.
Thanks for replying, I'll look at a backup library & calibre version.