Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-06-2019, 07:18 AM   #1
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Feature request

I am using KoReader, now with a Kobo Clara HD, and love it. I do have one request for an enhancement:

When I set the frontlight's warmth to 'Auto', I can set the time at which it reaches the maximum warmth. After that time (23:00) the light starts to get whiter again. What I would really like is to be able to set the time when it reaches maximum warmth, AND set how many hours it will stay at maximum warmth, after which the light will progressively get warmer.

If this could be done, KoReader would be perfect!

Many thanks!
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:32 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I personally have no use for such a feature (since I tend to adapt warmth to my environment, not the time), but a two point curve does make sense for a time-based approach .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:35 AM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Yeah, at the very least you'd expect the warmth to stay at maximum warmth between 22 and 4 or 5, say. I'd somehow picked up the impression that it was a curve that went well above the hardware maximum so that it ended up doing something like that?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 01:43 PM   #4
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Yeah, at the very least you'd expect the warmth to stay at maximum warmth between 22 and 4 or 5, say. I'd somehow picked up the impression that it was a curve that went well above the hardware maximum so that it ended up doing something like that?
I haven't checked precisely, but having it set to Max warmth at 23:00, it reverts to Min by around 02:00.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:23 AM   #5
gerhaher
Enthusiast
gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
I haven't checked precisely, but having it set to Max warmth at 23:00, it reverts to Min by around 02:00.
I think it stays at max for 2 hours: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-379457099
gerhaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 05:42 AM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I guess I didn't really think about it at the time, but that sounds oddly short. It's hard to imagine wanting fewer than some 4-6 hours. It's not configurable yet?
Old 09-07-2019, 07:54 AM   #7
jlynton
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
I guess I didn't really think about it at the time, but that sounds oddly short. It's hard to imagine wanting fewer than some 4-6 hours. It's not configurable yet?
Not yet, that is why I have made the request.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:08 PM   #8
jlynton
Evangelist

Will this request be considered, or should I post it on GitHub (aand if so, where)?
Old 09-12-2019, 12:25 PM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It definitely has a better chance of being one day picked up by a motivated individual if it's posted on GitHub, yeah .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:25 PM   #10
Frenzie
Wizard

Basically if I'm looking for something I might do I use the GH issues. That's why I triage them with tags as well as milestones (if it's something I'd like to have in a release), and sometimes edit them into more descriptive titles. If it's "something I read on MR" then chances are I just won't think about it a few weeks down the line unless it's on GH, let alone if it's been longer.

I think we've got a pretty decent informal workflow going that way. Many contributors work in similar ways.

Also I've noticed the help-wanted tag has actually started delivering results, being found by random hackers looking for ways to contribute.

NB I'm not trying to imply I'll work on this light thing. I prefer not to touch code I can't test for obvious reasons.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:33 AM   #11
jlynton
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
It definitely has a better chance of being one day picked up by a motivated individual if it's posted on GitHub, yeah .
I have posted it here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/5372
Many thanks for your input!
Old 09-14-2019, 07:15 PM   #12
danielr
Enthusiast
danielr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
To be able to search for books by name in all folders and not only in the current directory
danielr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:43 AM   #13
Frenzie
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielr View Post
To be able to search for books by name in all folders and not only in the current directory
All directories would just be a waste of time. Unless you're putting documents in system folders, I suppose.

Home folder serves that use case. It searches all relevant book-related folders.