Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-08-2019, 03:17 AM   #1
Hamsky
Enthusiast
Hamsky began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo H2O
Bottom right corner tap - advance 1 page?

Hi, all,

Does anybody know, how to configure right bottom corner tap to make advance 1 page? (only 10 pages in the settings, few versions ago i was able to do so in settings.lua, but now they stop working)

Thanks in advance!
Hamsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 04:06 AM   #2
Hamsky
Enthusiast

Found a way:

Goto .adds\koreader\frontend\apps\reader\modules\reader gesture.lua

Find lines and change 10 to 1 in highlighted line.

Code:
  {_("Back 10 pages"), "page_update_down10", not self.is_docless},
        {_("Forward 1 page"), "page_update_up10", not self.is_docless},
        {_("Folder up"), "folder_up", self.is_docless},

Code:
    elseif action == "bookmarks" then
        self.ui:handleEvent(Event:new("ShowBookmark"))
    elseif action == "page_update_up10" then
        self:pageUpdate(1)
    elseif action == "page_update_down10" then
        self:pageUpdate(-10)
In attachment my config (just remove .txt in the end)
Attached Files
File Type: txt readergesture.lua.txt (8.8 KB, 175 views)
Old 02-08-2019, 10:51 AM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I'll admit to failing to see the interest, as 1 page forward is the default action for the *full* "next page" tap zone.

Which would imply you're using a fairly unique tap zone setup?

(I'm merely trying to provide context, so other people don't blindly follow stuff if they don't need it).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:03 AM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
If there has been a change in the customization procedures for the tap zones, that is worth noting, but I agree that this particular one might not impact very many.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:55 AM   #5
Hamsky
Enthusiast

Guys,

because I have KOBO H2O and its extremely comfortable holding it and using bottom corner to advance 1 page. Right side is not so comfortable, especially when reading with one hand.

Other models may be different. But really, to have 1 more additional option is a good choice.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:22 PM   #6
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsky View Post
Guys,

because I have KOBO H2O and its extremely comfortable holding it and using bottom corner to advance 1 page. Right side is not so comfortable, especially when reading with one hand.

Other models may be different. But really, to have 1 more additional option is a good choice.
+1 (left thumb for everything)
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 06:43 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm still confused. Bottom right corner with the left thumb? That's one hell of a thumb .

But if you meant bottom *left* corner then, yeah, all of this suddenly makes sense . (Although the same results *might* have been achieved via tap zones. Theoretically. (I never played with tap zones myself ).)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-08-2019 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:29 PM   #8
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The bottom Left corner tap zone has a frontlight toggle, now. It should be easy to change that to a page turn.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 05:40 AM   #9
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
@NiLuJe I didn't understand at first either because I "always" use the bottom right corner, but it's about the phrasing in the gesture manager.

Neither the extreme bottom left nor the extreme bottom right seems *at all* convenient or comfortable but indeed a simple "1 page forward/backward" (thus slightly extending the forward/backward area) is missing.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:01 AM   #10
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I'm still confused. Bottom right corner with the left thumb? That's one hell of a thumb .

But if you meant bottom *left* corner then, yeah, all of this suddenly makes sense . (Although the same results *might* have been achieved via tap zones. Theoretically. (I never played with tap zones myself ).)
Left, left, left ... ;o)
Old 02-09-2019, 09:09 AM   #11
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
(Although the same results *might* have been achieved via tap zones. Theoretically. (I never played with tap zones myself ).)
The problem with koreader's tap zones, is that they can not accept two zones with the same action.
What I'm after, is to advance page with both the right side of the screen and the bottom left (depending on the way I hold the reader).
But since its forbidden, this is a nice workaround...
Old 02-09-2019, 10:10 AM   #12
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Eh, what the hell .

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/4570
Old 02-09-2019, 12:31 PM   #13
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
...🤐😁
Old 02-09-2019, 01:20 PM   #14
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Lol, of course we get this the day after I fixed my tap zones to get both left and right taps for forward.

Code:
DTAP_ZONE_FORWARD = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 1, h = 1}
DTAP_ZONE_BACKWARD = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 0, h = 0}
Thank you!

Last edited by ilovejedd; 02-09-2019 at 01:22 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote